Monochrome Icon for Mac Menu Bar

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Monochrome Icon for Mac Menu Bar

It's frustrating that TeamViewer is the only Mac program I use that doesn't respect system themeing

It doesn't appear as white or black and is the only colored icon:

Item-0_and_AppleVolumeExtra_and_Item-0_and_DisplaysExtra.png

DisplaysExtra_and_BatteryExtra_and_AppleVolumeExtra.png

3 Replies
3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Re: Monochrome Icon for Mac Menu Bar

Hi @livejamie 

There are many other apps with such icons. I have dark mode in my Mackbook and for example the Eset Internet Seurity  continues to be Blue and White.

03F90691-CABB-4E9C-91B1-98FE05111EA3_4_5005_c.jpeg

Also the Siri icon to the right which is designed by Apple, remains in the multicolor like a rainbow ball.

There are some ways to make this adjustment but you have to do it manualy for now. In youtue is a tutorial called "Mac Tip: Customize menu bar icons to look better with dark mode".

Personaly I haven't change any icon as they aren't bothering me, but if you try it then make sure you will keep a backup from original icons in case it doesn't work for you.

Best regards

Pro
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @livejamie hi @Vatsilidis !

Thanks for bringing up this topic!

Like @Vatsilidis the icon color does not bother me personally but I remember the black and white color scheme has been a topic in the mac world forever!

If I am not wrong, I think due to this, we added a small setting in the TeamViewer preferences under General. Check out if this works for you 😀

Otherwise, a blue TeamViewer icon makes it even easier to find the (wonderful TeamViewer) app quickly but that´s up to you of course 😉

Icon-menu.png

Hope this helps and have a great start into your week,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Hi @Esther  ,

Great to see that there is an option for a monochrome icon now.

I'm running the Linux version of TeamViewer and so far that optin is not available in the latest version (15.4.4445).

Can you please add this for us as well?

Thanks
Florian