Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Digon

Playing Recorded Sessions

I sometimes use the ability to record some TeamViewer remote control sessions to a .tvs-file for archiving and later reviewing, e.g. for taking some screenshots for documentation afterwards.

Some of those sessions are quite long (up to 1 or 2 hours), which makes it really hard to find some specific points in the recording.

It is nice to have the slider-bar on top, to hop through the session and jump to some points. But in long sessions, the slider is too "nervous", it is hard to find a specific point. So:

Suggesion 1: Allow a wider slider bar! Why is the slider so short? If it would use the whole screen width (like in Windows Media Player) it would be much easier to find a certain point!

Suggesion 2: Why is the slider only working while the recording is playing? Why can it not be used in paused mode? When I use the recording to take screenhots, I would like to use the slider to find the point, then I have to pause, take screenshot, and then play again to use the slider for the next point. Would be much easier if slider would be working with a paused playback.

Suggestion 3: I would like to use shortcuts in the keyboard to hop through the playback. For example Arrow Keys Left+Right to jump 1 second, Page Up+Down to jump 10 seconds, or Shift+Page Up+Down to jump 30 seconds. Would be much easier to find the perfect snapshot.

Suggestion 4: Windows Media Player stops the video, when clicking in the video player window, YouTube behaves the same. Would be helpful when finding a snapshop.

Suggestion 5: Perfect would be, if Ctrl+C would create a screenshot of the current still image of the playback.

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Playing Recorded Sessions

Additionnaly:

Add an feature to take marks e.g. bookmarks at several times during the recorded file and option to jump to those

Add this features to the teamviewer-Playback and as well to the blizz-Payback ;-)

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Playing Recorded Sessions

The record sesion capability is such an awsome feature. If TV could improve as you suggested it would be even more valuable. Exporting to a usable file format seems insanly slow.

To add to others comments : (my top three are)
1. Improve playback scrubbing (make fast and intuitive, ie Youtube vidoes )
2. add ability to mark and notate parts of a clip and ideally export only parts I want
3. develope or license tvs standalon player/editor

Thanks!