Posted by afeudale
Tetragon

Re: TV Community login linked to TV account???

Yeah, as suspected - the "intended design" response...

You guys might want to separate the two items - this is pretty much industry standard for every other tech company - a discussion forum login should *not* be linked to the same login as the vended software.

Just look at the two screenshots attached - one is clearly labelled as for the management console and the other clearly for the community forums.  If the logins are linked, it would make sense that the login screens be consistent for both.

Just trying to help you guys catch up to industry best-practices of at least circa-2005.

management console.JPGTV Community.JPG

2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hello @afeudale 

Thanks for the feedback.

I've moved this to the Ideas board as a feature request for tracking.

While we cannot say if or when a feature could be changed or added, we thank you for the feedback.

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Posted by afeudale
Tetragon

Is it true that the "Ideas" board was originally called the "Bugs" board, but then when TV realized they weren't going to fix any of the bugs, they just changed the name to "Ideas"?

It's just a rumour I've heard often in the I.T. MSP community...

Ok, jokes aside, I'm just trying to help you guys out with all of the harsh criticism...Have a good weekend Josh.