Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Re: How to get rid of the recent connections list? it gets in the way

@Lamar

That's the first thing I looked for away to kill recent connections! Didn't see it, uninstalled the update, (new version has that HUGE right side waste of space) I like it all being in one, but man it's so HUGE and it only resizes to about 6 inches wide so I went back to version 13.0.6447.0. Does the uninstall of the update and reinstall of version 13.0.6447.0 to the same computer, same OS, same partition count against my limited installs? TeamViewer is the most costly software I own it's well worth it but that limited install thing for someone like me is just bad. I wipe my system all the time, add and remove new hardware, clean everything up, start over. (like logging in here need to do the email thing all the time!)
I have TV installed on Linux, Winblows VM in Linux & Winblows 8 dual boot all the same computer. 

Posted by PaulG
Digon

Oh. That is quite a bit different from "we have created the option to minimize..." imho! I believe most of us would have understood there is a configuration setting that was added, i.e. something you would check/uncheck in the Extra > Options ... dialog.

Rather, you have actually changed the behaviour of the grey triangle which was already there but wasn't retaining its expaned/collapsed position across sessions.

However, as after restarting TV I've seen that indeed now the group retains its former position, I'm satisfied by the end-result, thank you for that !

Note: I'm talking here about using TV remote control from Windows 7 and Windows 10 hosts. Actually when under Ubuntu 15 /16 / 17 hosts, the grey triangles do simply not work at all (even when you force to Xorg for UI/GDM) but that is a very minor annoyance as far as I'm personally concerned.

Posted by roblaw80
Henagon

Re: Recent Contacts Feature - Turn Off/On

Please give us an option to turn this off globablly for all our corporate users. 

This list doesn't update if changes are made to one of the connections, confusing the heck out of users and causing calls to our support desk when they can't get it to connect.

Posted by Demonicon
Digon

I agree and I posted about this the first week it was implemented.  Recent Connections is only good as a SIDE FEATURE not a main feature.  To put it as your main connection hub is as short sighted as Microsoft putting "Quick Access" as the main connection point in Windows Explorer but at least Microsoft allows you to fully disable it through a series of settings.. It's just not necessary especially for Advanced Users.  It was probably someone revered at TeamViewer either a Higher Up or someone everyone loves who implemented the flawed feature and they have too much loyalty to the person who created the feature to tell them the truth that it sucks.  Listen to what your users are saying and REMOVE IT or at the very least allow it to be disabled. I couldn't even imagine being a Paying customer, someone who uses it for Commercial Use and have to put up with a feature like this when everyone is telling TeamViewer to get rid of it.

Posted by Cookie
Digon

1. Nice to see that the list is now remaining collapsed. MUCH BETTER!

2. Just add the option to hide / disable it, so everyone can adjust it to their usage.

Thanks.

Posted by Demonicon
Digon

Finally

Thank goodness.

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Please :)
Advanced
More:
DISABLE RECENT CONNECTIONS

It's still annoying everytime I add a new remote it jumps to recent connections. Then I need to CLOSE it again, find the computer I was just at and I have 100's!

I still don't understand why it is even there?
Is for people with mayber 10 or 20 computers? Even then it would just be annoying.

Then last request :) TABBED windows in Linux. "PLEASE"

If we can have only one of the two KILL RECENT CONNECTIONS. :)

Posted by kosta
Henagon

The most annoying feature about new Teamviewer, and not possible to turn it off? SERIOUSLY????

You really can't expect users to keep using your software if you force them to use features, now can you?

At least for me, I'm surely going to think twice about renewing my yearly commercial subscription - not that cheap if I consider there are alternatives.

C'mon... it's GUI only.

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

@kosta wrote:

C'mon... it's GUI only.

I support your opinion but ...

I've always wondered why developers have this problem with it.
Ie. with small changes in the GUI.

I have the same problem with many other applications created by many other companies.

I always thought that every German product is a good product.
However, I have known for a long time that the issue of software quality is globally the same.

I do not mean that TeamViewer is bad, on the contrary it is good, but every product can be better.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by Doc
Henagon

Please send a survey to all business & Corporate Teamviewer Users about their opinion of the Recent contacted partners feature. I am confident a huge majority will want the ability to control (in preferences) to either:

1. turn it OFF (or Hide it),

2. toggle Teamviewer launch of Recent contacted partners to collasped, OR

3. move the posotion of Recent contacted partners (to the bottom of the list)

Posted by Artago
Henagon

+1 to this. Super annoying.
Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

YES PLEASE just get rid of it!
On/Off is fine as long as it's OFF OFF!

Every time I add a new computer it jumps back to the top of the dam list and opens the worthless recent contacts. Make it like the Linux version. :)

I can't see anyone with more then 5 computers ever wanting that annoying NON-FEATURE!

Windows versions TO **bleep** WIDE + RECENT CONTACTS both annoy me to death! I don't use anything on the MONSTER right side in windows. Just NOT to see it I put it on the left monitor but only the contact list and bury the annoying right side behind something on the center monitor.

The look of the Linux version IS PERFECT with no RECENT CONTACTS! Only thing better in Winblows is the tabs that would be great for Linux. But PLEASE DO NOT ADD RECENT CONTACTS or that HUGE right side bar I don't need!

Yes the commercial version since version 10. :)

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Back again :smileymad::smileymad: just renewed, installed version 14 and the STUPID RECENT CONNECTIONS still has no way to just get rid of it?

Is anyone at teamviewer reading these posts? Does ANYONE like this feature? It drives me to the point of using the other system I can't post here! SO SICK of being at the bottom of my list, make a change, add another computer then boom all the way back on top in STUPID RECENT PAIN IN THE **bleep** connections! 

GET RID OF IT - KILL IT - FIX IT - give us a way to turn it off 100%! If I never see it again I won't be sad! 

You know what I never do on my CUSTOMERS websites?
Build them with things I like that my PAYING CUSTOMERS CAN'T STAND!

Posted by lio8145
Photon

Oh **bleep** you ! :'(

I just read the 4 first lines ad I thought "OMG they finally did it !!!" but no I was just reading your dreams lol...

SO TV team, you know what to do... simple flag on/off is just a peace of cake in development especially for displaying... I don't understand why after so many time, this is not...just done ????

Posted by EmilV
Henagon

Any progress on this?

Posted by Daniel_Gligor
Digon

Yes, you need to update to the latest version. I have version 14.2.8352 and from version 14 the recent connections are remain close if you close it once.

Just a signature!
Posted by EmilV
Henagon

Well, yes, I have the latest, and activated the old UI. I meant the original post.

"Please add configuration to turn On/Off the "Recent Contact" feature."