Posted by Furty
Digon

Remote update of QuickSupport

Some of my company's remote sites with standalone PCs (no file server there) still have QuickSupport 9 on their c:\users\public\desktop folder, so newer features can not be used.

In addition to upgrading to full and host versions (where users may have privacy concerns), TeamViewer should also allow to update QuickSupport easily.

9 Replies
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Remote update of QuickSupport

Hi @Furty,

It is already possible to remote update QuickSupport modules.

If your customers are working with customized modules, which you created in the Management Console under Design & Deploy, you can upgrade all these modules after a licenseupdate in the Management Console with a single click. With the next start of the module are your customers getting the newer version.

Design and Deploy.png

If your customers saved the old .exe-file created on the TeamViewer website on their computers, the above mentioned process is not possible. In this case, your customer needs to delete the old .exe-file and start one time a new customized QuickSupport module from within the link, you provided him (https://get.teamviewer.com/yourcustomization).

This link will be created when you generate a QuiCkSupport module in the Management Console under Design & Deploy.

I hope, this information is helpful.

Best, Esther

Posted by Jensen_ADL
Henagon

Hi, could you clarify the automatic update capabilities of the custom QuickSupport modules? On one hand you say people simply need to launch the module and it will download the update. On the other you say if they have an "exe" file (i.e. the modul) then they must manually download the new version. Please clarify. I want to make sure if I am providing a QuickSupport module for my clients, that when they open it they will automatically get any bug fixes or updates to the latest module version (I am on a TV subscription so I will always have access to the latest version).

Community Manager

Hi @Jensen_ADL

As long as your customers are working with a QuickSupport module which has been downloaded from your peronalized download link: https://get.teamviewer.com/yourcustomization they will automatically get the newest version availabe (in your TeamViewer version, depending on your license).

I hope this info is helpful, 

Esther

Highlighted
Posted by Furty
Digon

@Esther Manually downloading QuickSupport every time it is used, is not a solution for impatient users.

It should be possible to start the update manually while connected, just as it is possible with the installed products.
(Or the update could be downloaded in the background, so that it will be used automatically for the next session - but at the moment there is no bandwidth / time saving method to update QuickSupport within the product at all...)

5 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @Furty,

If you are using the SOS Button-feature for your customized QuickSupports, the users can just start the QuickSupport from their desktops as soon as they need your help. Each time, the QuickSupport will be at the latest version incl. the latest changes you made for your modules in the Management Console.

Thanks, Esther

Posted by Furty
Digon

Hi @Esther,
the SOS button is a nice idea, but still not working good enough for me because the result would be an old QuickSupport *and* the SOS button on the Desktop.

Multiple users may share a computer. And if it's not a new user i don't have the password, thus can not preinstall the SOS button.
So can you please let development add a "AllUsers" SOS installer, that will
a) install QuickSupport to C:\ProgramData instead auf C:\Users
b) create the SOS button on %PUBLIC%\Desktop (without having to connect first)?

Community Manager

Hi @Furty

Thanks again for your reply. 

Just a last thought: When you are using the SOS button, the QuickSupport will always show a session code instead of a TeamViewer ID and the connection needs to confirmed by the user on the remote side. There is no password involved.

The session code will always change and you can allow the user in addition to start a chat session with you to clarify the problem before starting the connection.

If this does not help you, I will add your idea to our list of feature requests. 

Thanks, Esther

Posted by Furty
Digon

@Esther please forward yesterday's suggestion as feature request.
I still have plenty of machines with just an older standard QuickSupport, that i would want to replace with an AllUsers SOS button if the result is an always updated version.

Of course i already use the helpful service queue since it was added to TeamViewer (and configured the chat function, but it's not much used since the renamed custom module includes the IT support's phone number).

Community Manager

@Furty

Ok, thank you. I´ll forward your feature request.

Have a good day, Esther