Announcements

Shape the future of the TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by TempyMcTempface
Henagon

Remove unused offline devices from Management Console

Hello,

I wondered how I can remove devices, which haven't connected to teamviewer for a certain period of time, like 60 to 90 days.

Finding out which devices are not there anymore and can be removed would be highly effortful. So I wish there was a possibility to either remove them automatically or create a report or something like this out of Teamviewer management Console.

When i log in to the Management Console I can see the offline devices  also when I click into a group I can see which devices are online and which are not and how long they have been offline for.

So there has to be a way to collect this information into a list, without having to do it manually?

Please point me into the right direction. Thanks!

3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by derpwny
Henagon

Re: How can I remove unsued offline devices in management console?

I would like to know this too, it's a **bleep** shame, that there isn't even one reply after like two months. Where are the board mods??
1 Reply
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: How can I remove unsued offline devices in management console?

Hello @derpwny@TempyMcTempface,

Thank you for your posts.

The Community is a user-driven community – the majority of posts and solutions are therefore created by users, not by TeamViewer staff. This means that we cannot guarantee a TeamViewer employee will be able to see and respond to every post.

In regards to the original post, currently offline devices would have to be deleted from the Computers & Contacts list of the Management Console manually. While you can organize the devices within the group based on their Online/Offline status, you would still need to go to the device properties and click the delete link in the General section2018-07-06 09_44_04-TeamViewer Management Console.png

I have submitted a feature request for this, and have moved this post to the Ideas board, for better clarity.

Thanks again for your contributions!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Posted by surfer1
Henagon

Re: Remove unused offline devices from Management Console

You can use the "Remove-TeamViewerOutdatedDevice " script to delete outdated devices

https://github.com/teamviewer/api-example-scripts