Require administrator approval for new user accounts using company email addresses.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Require administrator approval for new user accounts using company email addresses.

I have spoken with my TeamViewer Key Account Manager and Key Account Support Engineers regarding this issue.

I would like to associate my company domain name with my company TeamViewer account. Then approval from an administrator could be required to create a new user accounts that contains the company domain.

Currently, user accounts can be created by anyone as long as they have access to the email account. These accounts are not members of the company acocunt by default.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Re: Require administrator approval for new user accounts using company email addresses.

Hi @JedenTag,

I hope that I've understand the scenario:

14-04-2017 08-36-55.png

If not, could you provide me with a scheme, also via e-mail if you prefer.

Regards

Domenico Langone
MCSD: App Builder
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Require administrator approval for new user accounts using company email addresses.

The language is different, but I think this is the same screen. This is the settings for a user account that is already joined to a company account.

TVuserSettings.PNGSay I'm the admin for TechSupport.com and we have 100 employees with email accounts, but only 25 are supposed to be using TeamViewer for company business. These 25 accounts are joined to our company profile, properly monitored, and this is good. But any one of the other users can go to the TeamViewer website and create a new account using their company email address. This account would not be joined to the company profile and I (the admin) would have no indication the account exists. This is bad.

I was told the only way to prevent an "unauthorized" account is to create the account first and make sure it was joined to the company profile. To make sure there are no accounts operating outside of company profile would require I create an account for every email address, alias, and group address that uses @techsupport.com. I would have hundreds of accounts when all I need is 25.

I am suggesting a way to "lock down" our domain name. Any account being created with an email @TechSupport.com would be automatically joined to the company profile and require admin approval.

I hope I explained that well. 

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Hi @JedenTag,

In summary, I do not want the outside world perceives as authorized by my company a user who appears indicating their work email. He is one of my employees, but is not authorized to use my TeamViewer channels. Correct?

It's a legal problem...

One solution is precisely to create them all in advance and lock (General page of our images)

I understand your need, but as your domain administrator you have the advantage of being able to delete, adjust and filter the employee mail inbox and affect its future work even on TeamViewer (remember password ... authorized devices).

Regards.

Domenico Langone
MCSD: App Builder
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Yes. I think we are at an understanding.

It is posible to manage and control user accounts created with company email since I have full control of all the email accounts. But being able to have TeamViewer restrict use of our domain name would make the process easier.