Highlighted
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Restrict user to connect to remote host with stored password ?

I have 2 emloyers.
They are assigned to my company in TeamViewer Management Console.
How I can be sure that they never use our password from TeamViewer other than assigned in to my Company.

I want to set Passowrd on RemoteHost strictly assigned to my company.
I want to have possibility to change this password on my Management Console for all known host, to be sure I can change them in any time for all possible remote host.

I do not want to change each password on each TV Host each time I hire / dismiss employees.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by dwyere
Trigon

Re: Restrict user to connect to remote host with stored password ?

This would be incredibly helpful (can this be a part of the policies for custom host installers?) Currently what we have been doing is reinstalling the client and running a script after installation to set the password (batch file and registry keys).

--
I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

I hope this can be solved in this way.
You install TV standalone APP or HOST and assign this instalation to your main account.
This assignee means that all you "major" password is going to work out of the box.

"major" password should be set by manager in Management Console.

What this mean.
TV encour new connection,
TV sending request to the main account for current password
TV firstly check if user who is connecting is on my employer list in my company MainAcoount
TV checking main password (taken from my main account) with Password given by user who connect to RemoteHost

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

@dwyere Could you please, send here or PM to me your script example and registry settings .
Of course with a FAKE data.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Posted by dwyere
Trigon

I should be able to dig that all up. I'll try to look into it today while I'm at work. 

Long story short, we use the MSI installer via CLI to do the actual installation, and export a registry configuration, and import that onto the machine after. Unfortunately, this only works on Windows (we don't have linux in our environment, and we have no idea how to get this to work on OS X) but it does help quite a bit.

--
I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.