Highlighted
Posted by dusanzk
Photon

Samsung DeX

Hey,

Does anyone know if there are any plans to optimise TeamViewer for the Samsung DeX.

I'm surprised it's not already, i think the two are made for each other.

Regards,

Dušan K.
57 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Samsung DeX

Hi all,

first of all thank you very much for your posts, ideas and tips inside this thread!

I have some great news for you: Our brand new Remote Control app for Android is now supporting Samsung Dex.

See our Change Log and download it now.

I hope you are like this as much as I do :-)

Have a great day,

Esther

57 Replies
Posted by TeamDex
Digon

Exactly what I am looking for too. I tried Dex with my new s8+ but it doesn't start the TeamViewer App. I would really need TV App with support for Samsung DeX!

Posted by Alitai
Trigon

Hi Together

I also looking for that. Can't wait.

It would be the only great Solution.

Regards

Posted by TeamDex
Digon

How long will it teake until anyone from TeamViewer will give us at least a small feedback?

Posted by Alitai
Trigon

Maybe the Link to the Developer Site for Samsung Dex? http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-dex

Modifying Apps for Samsung DeX

Many Thanks

Regards

Posted by USN
Photon

I am also a bit disappointed , that the Teamviwer Android App is not running when Dex is activated. Why is nobody from Teamviewer here answering, if and when this is supported. 

I see it as a huge opporunity, because all the alternatives are much more clumsy regarding DYNDNS, opening router ports etc.

I think Teamviewer being so slow on that will loose users rapidly. Do they have a prodcut manager and a roadmap? If yes, why dont we hear from them?

USN

Posted by j0hn
Henagon

I also got DeX and would really find TV useful to connect to my PC at home when travelling. Please upgrade it! It should not be that hard to do.

Posted by scarmel91
Digon

Hey,

I just posted a request on the samsung forums:

http://developer.samsung.com/forum/thread/teamviewer-for-dex/201/309477?boardName=SDK&startId=zzzzz~

Hopefully they"ll answer.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Thank you for your queries – it’s good to know that there is interest in having support for TeamViewer running on the Samsung DeX. We can also see the benefit of being able to use TeamViewer on the DeX.

This is something that we hope to investigate going forward. At this stage we can’t make any promises, but it certainly helps us to know who is interested in this support.

To that end, if you would like to see TeamViewer supporting the DeX, please go ahead and give a kudo to this post so we can track interest.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by rcamoose
Digon

Yes, it would be great to have DeX support for this, are there any updates to the status of getting this updated with support?
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi @rcamoose,

Please see my previous post above! :)

@Jeremy wrote:

This is something that we hope to investigate going forward. At this stage we can’t make any promises, but it certainly helps us to know who is interested in this support.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by rcamoose
Digon

Yeah I saw your post, I replied to it in fact, just confirming and I added my kudos as you requested.....
Posted by Mike61704
Digon

At least someone noticed. Thank you for your reply and I really hope Teamviewer jumps on it. Right now we have citrix and amazon. I setup an amazon workspace just to remote in. I would pay money for an app that we can use on the dex!

Posted by rcamoose
Digon

Yes it was great they responded. I am using Chrome Remote Control for now, allows full screen remote control, a little difficult to get a right click because it's mentioned for touch screens but it's doable.
Posted by TeamDex
Digon

As more and more users working on their local machine solely via Teamviewer when traveling, the need for powerful Notebooks and big devices is becoming less and less. Being able to use Teamviewer just with a Smartphone+Screen on a Dex-like setup is the future.

Teamviewer should not miss that opportunity and must publish an App for Dex which supports all Dekstop functions - publish latest in 2017 and not in 2 years....because others will!

Posted by JiriVit
Electron

Hi, in our company we use TeamViewer lot. Our employ using TeamViewer for remote conect to our customers. Now some employees have Samsung S8 and S8+ and they want Dex station for work instead ordenery laptop. They want to work in their device but it is problem because TeamViewer does not work in Dex. Dex have everthing what they want. RDP, MS Office but Teamviewer is problem.

I hope when this problem will be solved.

Thanks

Posted by I_Spiritus_I
Electron

As a user coming from Windows Phone 10 who used Team Viewer on Continuum I can say it was a great feature, worked well and I used it a lot.

Would love to see this on DEX.

Posted by Janv
Henagon

Its the future! Would love to be able to run teamviewer on my Dex. I paid a lot for my teamviewer license, but I paid it with a smile because teamviewer is the market leader. I expect teamviewer to step up in this regard.
I think the majority of people who need to run teamviewer on their dex, are teamviewer license holders. Dex and Samsung S8 is expensive tech. My Dex is just a toy until I can run teamviewer on it. I sincerely hope that the developers are already developing.
Posted by TeamDex
Digon

Hi Jeremy,

more than 2.5 months after your acknowledged the interest here, can you already let us know if we can expect something at all from TeamViewer?

Are there any plans? Something?

Thanks

Posted by TeamDex
Digon

Someone posted on the Samsungs Developer Board "January 2018". Can you confirm?

developer.samsung.com/forum/thread/teamviewer-for-dex/201/309477

Posted by COSIHENDO
Digon

Totally agree.

90% of the reason behind purchasing the DEX station was so I could utilize TeamViewer from home, and needless to say, very disappointed as that was the first app I tried, and nothing.

Posted by sr40150
Digon

Hello,

There's a way to use Teamviewer on dex ! Go to google play, search for Dex Hub and install it. Launch it, make your settings and give neededs access. After that you should be able to lauch Teamviewer in full screen. To get a better control enable touch interaction.

Have fun

Posted by scarmel91
Digon

Hey,

I tried your method but it didnt work, also there's no such thing as dex hud, only dex hub.

thanks.

Posted by sr40150
Digon

Yes it is dex hub sorry my  mistake

Posted by scarmel91
Digon

Yeah man, but it still doesn't work for me..

Posted by sr40150
Digon

I'm sorry for you maybe try to check settings. Good luck !

Screenshot_20170908-212001.jpg

Posted by Mike61704
Digon

WOW, the Dex hub works! So awesome I can have TeamViewer on my Dex now in fullscreen. Plex plays fullscreen. Thank you so much for the suggestion. It just took Dex to the next level for me.
Posted by Brick_14516
Photon

Mi Mike,

What setting adjustments did you make to Dex Hub to get Teamviewer to load?

Thanks

Posted by Bist
Electron

Posted by Bist
Electron

I also doesn't work, please describe the process.
This is very important.
Posted by Mike61704
Digon

Ok, install the dex hub, and open the dex hub app in dex. Click on the True Window button on the left and follow the prompts. This will allow tablet view of all apps allowing full screen. Hope that helps
Posted by Hindu
Henagon

Yes it works! Thanks a lot!!!

@Mike61704 wrote:
Ok, install the dex hub, and open the dex hub app in dex. Click on the True Window button on the left and follow the prompts. This will allow tablet view of all apps allowing full screen. Hope that helps

Posted by RichardBurt
Trigon

@Jeremy wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for your queries – it’s good to know that there is interest in having support for TeamViewer running on the Samsung DeX. We can also see the benefit of being able to use TeamViewer on the DeX.

To that end, if you would like to see TeamViewer supporting the DeX, please go ahead and give a kudo to this post so we can track interest.

Don't forget that Huawei mate 10 phones now have built-in desktop mode. TV works well with it but no screen scaling so that is causing me an issue.

Posted by Toot
Henagon

Thanks. I too am very interested after buying Dex today. Was hoping TeamViewer was already supported.
Posted by Alitai
Trigon

January 2018. Hope for a Update this Month.

Any Feedback from TeamViewer?

Many Thanks

Regards

Alitai

Posted by amdube
Henagon

Dex support by TeamViewer is very important.  Showing fullscreen without the use of Dex Max and full mouse/keyboard support essential.  Dex is a great tool for the mobil user and for those that do their work at work and at home.

Dex is useful for support staff and end-users alike.

Thanks.

Posted by IbrahimC
Neutron

Our Kudo is also added, we really need this support.
Posted by Levon74
Henagon

Hi guys, the topic has been opened mid 2017, today is almost the end of 2018, few Dex devices released, but no signs of TV working on Dex, is that normal..? So many less known applications are supporting Dex, but not Teamviewer. It's getting a bit frustrating.
Posted by Bassel_azzouz
Henagon

Re: was working in November 5 2015

The app was working in this tutorial video.  https://youtu.be/ZTMGfGqmb-k

Dont know what happened now.

Teamviewer - https://goo.gl/euGAJE Teamviewer Android - https://goo.gl/MUbexe
Posted by DaPoets
Henagon

Dex Hub works perfectly making Teamviewer completely usable.  

Posted by Bassel_azzouz
Henagon

Got to About samsung dex and double click. Then click on the samsung dex logo 5-8 times until the developer option is on. It should work then
Posted by KHH
Electron

Install Dex Max app to modify TV. After modificaiton, TV works just fine.

Posted by COSIHENDO
Digon

Thank you, Thank you, and thank you.

Works great.

Posted by JulienDu
Henagon

Is the right click and mouse wheel working for you in TeamViewer in Dex mode? For me, the right click makes a left click and the wheel does nothing. Curiously, when I switch to mirror mode, the right click and the wheel works again and when I go back to office mode, it does not work anymore.
I use the dock with a Galaxy Note 8. If it works for you, which phone do you use?
Thanks in advance

Posted by COSIHENDO
Digon

No. 

My mouse reacts the same as you have described.  I am currently just managing with the given situation. I was happy just to get it working  since I have owned it well over a year, and its pretty much just been a very expensive charger.  Hopefully they will contiune to develop and fix the inconsistencies since there is a high demand for this application / device.

Posted by DaPoets
Henagon

I have the exact same experience and in order to right click I have to hold down the mouse button for about a second, but that clearly isn't the same as a true right click.

Posted by JulienDu
Henagon

Thank you for your feedbacks.
I just heard about the future application "Linux on Dex" currently in private beta. It seems to be a sort of Linux virtual PC for Dex mode. I hope that will solve the problem.

Posted by PeterDobrev
Henagon

The mouse do not work on remote desktop - neither L/R click or scroll. How can I activate mous functionality on TV ?

Posted by broslav
Henagon

I'll be getting my Dex Station in a few days to use ot with the S9+.

Guess I'll have to use Microsoft Remote Desktop Android app on DeX to connect to my office PC (Win 10) since it does support right mouse click.

As a workaround, over RDP, from my office PC I should be able to use TeamViewer Windows software if I want to connect somewhere else using TeamViewer.

I would pay for the DeX add-on for Team Viewer if it would add mouse click support (left, right AND middle click).

Posted by MattK
Henagon

I Think this should be work standalone:

Got to Samsung Dex Settings and click "about Samsung DeX". 

Click the Samsung DeX Logo 5 Times, now you should be in developer mode.

Now Activate the Developer Mode on your Phone (About Phone --> Softwareinformation ---> Click on the Buildinformation for Eight times).

Now Go To the Developer Settings (At the Bottom of Settings) and Scroll to the Bottom.  Now Enable "Force activities to be re-sizeable". 

At least clear your recent Apps and restart your Phone.