Highlighted
Posted by Team_Tim
Henagon

Seamlessly Requesting Screenshots

Hey all,

I am part of a team that helps manage multiple systems. Usually its active management, where we work with the user at the other end, sometimes it is passive management, and we quickly remote in, take care of a problem, and get out before they need to use the system again. We have preset images on all of our systems before we send them out, and keep the same systems bookmarked in teamviewer, and organized.

More recently I have run into the issue of remoting into a system to quickly fix, or vallidate information on the system, but the user is in the middle of something important that I cannot interupt, so I quickly get out before I bother them. All in all, there is no issue with this, but to keep a high level of quality assurance with our users, I would like to be able to know if their system is in use before I remote in. Generally speaking, I would like to get a peek at what they are doing possibly via screenshot, and have it be completely unintrussive to their productivity. I have done some search around teamviewer and am more or less unaware of anything potentially like this.

Would it be possible to add in a "Request Screenshot" action that I can change the settings of? Obviously many users would not like this due to security issues, and by default they may want something like this either to prompt the user to send the screenshot, or not to be used at all. I am sure many people would enjoy an option of requiring the unattended access password function, and few may even enjoy the screenshot function being unlocked completely.

If there is something already like this, I apologize for wasting time, and if you could post a link to it, as I have been unable to locate a function like this in TeamViewer, it would be much obliged. Of course I would also delete this thread to reduce clutter in that instance.

Any thoughts or ideas on the subject? Good idea? Bad idea? Really wondering what others think.

3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Seamlessly Requesting Screenshots

Hi @Team_Tim

Thank you for your post.

I was just reading your idea and I am having a question: Do you just want to receive an information like Is someone actively working on the remote device so that I can remote in without disturbing them? or do you want to know what exactly they are doing on the remote device via a screenshot or something similar?

Thanks again,

Esther

Posted by Team_Tim
Henagon

Hey @Esther,

For my application of it, I would only need to see the current activity status of the user, but in some cases I could see myself needing a screenshot instead. I think both would be nice to have, but the activity status would probably be the better option in most cases. Maybe some kind of flag like "Has the user made any action in the  past 3 minutes" or perhaps a configurable time length. A screenshot could also be useful since in some cases all I need is to get some information off of the system that our program displays at the top of the main menu. So if they are on the main menu, all I would need is a screenshot to acheive my goal.

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Team_Tim

Thank you for the clarification :-)

I´ve added it to our feature request list. (As always: We cannot tell you if or when a feature request will be implemented.)

All the best and thank you for your idea,

Esther