Announcements

Shape the future of your TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by escallin
Digon

Search Capability in Mobile App

I've been using TeamViewer for years and one of the most annoying things about it is the lack of search capability in the mobile apps.  We have hundreds of devices in a dozen folders.  Every time I'm using the mobile app, I have to remember what folder a device is in then scroll all over until I find it.

Come on guys!  Seriously, how hard could it be to add such a simple feature?

16 Replies
Posted by escallin
Digon

Re: Search Capability in Mobile App

Seriously?  No one has upvoted this?  Every time I have to use the mobile app I curse the developers for not putting in a search function.  Why is that so hard to understand?  Give me the **bleep** code and I'll do it myself.

Typical large corportation BS.  You guys have gotten so large now, you couldn't care less what your power users want.

Looking forward to the day when you have a competitor.

Posted by Mantis2k
Digon

Maybe no one else uses search? I couldn't believe it was missing the very first time I used the app. The app overall seems like an after thought...
Posted by Pitman
Photon

Absolutley! Please implement search

Posted by CharlieCrackle
Digon

I have asked for this for 6 years over and over and over  and got no where..

Teamviewer adds so many feature I never use  and the one that I would use they never do.

Posted by escallin
Digon

Yea, notice there's been no response from the devs on this post.  They have all this built-in support to offer suggestions and feedback but what really useful new feature have they rolled out in the past 2 releases?  Nothing!  I'm sure they worked overtime to get the new subscription model going though.  And how did that benefit users? 

Someday they will have competition that actually listens to their power user base.  When that happens, they can kiss my subscribed **bleep** goodbye!

Posted by amrilusaguy
Electron

Search on the mobile would make so many so happy

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Great news: We published a new Android version today with the search function in the computer and contact list  :)

If you have more feature requests for our mobile apps, do not hesitate to create a thread in our Ideas board

Cheers,

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by escallin
Digon

Hallelujah!  Has hell frozen over?  You finally managed to do this!  It must have been a bigger deal than I thought, because concurrent with this feature update your whole system went down.

:manhappy:

Posted by CharlieCrackle
Digon

This not a solution as it does not support ios. Are you going to add this to ios on phone and ipad ??
Posted by escallin
Digon

Yea, you're probably right.  Maybe I was a little hasty with the "accept as solution" button.  It works for me though, because all my devices are Android!

I'm sure the iOS verision is not far behind.  You know how Apple has to approve everything...

Posted by Mantis2k
Digon

Julia, 

When can we expect the IOS version to be updated?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by CharlieCrackle
Digon

The IOS version updated today  and  they say the contacts load quicker...but the feature that you actually need to search through the hundreds of contacts than now load quicker is search....

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Thank you for your answers. I do not know when we will publish the feature for iOS but I will forward it to our product management and try to keep you updated. I do not want to promise anything that I cannot guarantee.

Cheers,

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Highlighted
Posted by bwad
Photon

Pleaese add search to all the iOS apps, how can this not be in the app after so many years?

Posted by Dennis166
Henagon

Search on the mobile would make so many so happy kodi

Posted by Elmar
Digon

Still waiting for Teamviewer to implement it into iOS. It has been a year. It would save loads of time.