Posted by MoovyGuy
Digon

Teamviewer Host Moto G4 support

Hi All,

I am hoping to be able to use Teamviewer Host for Android on my Moto G4+, and although there is an addon for Lenovo, I do not have remote control capability.

Is this possible, and if not, is there an ETA for support for the model being added?

Thanks very much

Tony

23 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

RE: Teamviewer Host Moto G4 support

Hi @MoovyGuy

Thank you for your post. We do not support Motorola devices at the moment but we already have a feature request for that, so i moved your post to the ideas board.

If anybody else would like to have this feature, please give MoovyGuy’s post a kudo.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by MoovyGuy
Digon

Re: RE: Teamviewer Host Moto G4 support

Hi Guys,

Just checking back with you guys to see if support for the Moto G4 / G4 Plus has been incorporated yet in to TV Host for android.

Many thanks

Posted by NamingTech
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer Host Moto G4 support

Hi everyone,

moto G4 is very capable terminal, for my bussiness I would like to be able to use Host on this terminal.

We have a lot of people doing deliveries with a custom app, and this is one of our first choices as hardware... sadly, it's not supported for remote control so we can't give remote support to them.

Now, I have two options, choose another terminal o choose another software alternative to teamviewer... The perfect solution: Support for Moto G4, pleaaaaaaaase!

thanks!

Posted by TheLine
Henagon

We have purchased this phone as a standalone remote device, but we cannot use it because teamviewer does not support it... What is the ETA for support? Thanks.

Posted by amiteshteam
Electron

Is there any expected date for MOTO G4 support.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

With today´s TeamViewer release we now provide remote control for Motorola devices.

This feature is available for all new Motorola devices (e.g. Moto Z2 Play, Moto E (Plus) 4th Gen) and all devices that get an update to Android 7.1.1.

Users will be asked to grant a special access after installing our Android Host/QuickSupport app.

Motorola_QS_1.jpg

Motorola_QS_2.jpg

Enjoy the new feature! 

Best,
Reinhold

Product Owner
Posted by MoovyGuy
Digon

Hi there,

So based on what you are saying, because my Moto G4 Plus is only on Android 7.0 and not 7.1.1 (Which is NOT available for my device) that remote control will not work?

TeamViewer Staff

Hi MoovyGuy,

exactly, it depends on the firmware provided by the manufacturer. With Android 7.1.1 by Motorola there will be the option "Settings" - "Security" - "Apps with special access" which our software requires.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Product Owner
Posted by rhcrd0
Electron

i have two moto g4 play and i cant control my own devices, is incredible! what can i do? just wait? it noly says This device is only compatible with the option of screen sharing

Posted by rhcrd0
Electron

i have two moto g4 play and i cant control my own devices, is incredible! what can i do? just wait?

TeamViewer Staff

Hi rhcrd0,

as described above, it depends on the firmware provided by the manufacturer.
Please have a look on the manufacturers' homepage if there is an update available or planned for your device.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Product Owner
Posted by Stinus
Digon

The company I work for has purchased 3500 Moto G4 Play units, which are currently running Android 6.0.1. Lenovo/Motorola has told me that by September they will get an update to Android 7.0.

We were planning to use TeamViewer for remote access to these many devices, but apparently (according to the postings in this thread) that will not be possible.

Or?
Is there any hope that we will be able to use TeamViewer with this model of smartphone?
I am sure, TeamViewer as a major software supplier, has access to info from the phone providers (such as Lenovo/Motorola) about the Android version supported by each model, so maybe you can provide a solid answer to this question?

Best regards, Stinus

Posted by MoovyGuy
Digon

I have several Moto G4 Plus models and had been counting on the latest update from Teamviewer to finally have remote takeover, but even with Moto's official 7.0 Android update and a LineageOS Nougat 7.1.2 version of Android, I can see the screen, but cannot control the phone.

The only product that I have found that can provide "over the shoulder" without rooting your phone is AirDroid. You can remote the texting from anywhere and do over the shoulder, although the over the shoulder component works best when the phone is on Wifi

It's too bad that TV cannot do this, as it is the option I would rather use, but at least AirDroid will do the job. It has free and paid tiers, so depending on how much you plan to use the service, you may have a small fee to pay.

My apologies to TV for suggesting an non TV product here, but those of us that have invested in these phones need a solution, and that product appears to be the only viable one at the moment that dosen't require rooting or being slaved to a PC to work.

Posted by Stinus
Digon

Hi Reyhan.

As I have written below, I work in a company, which has purchased 3.500 Moto G4 Play units, which we hope to be able to remote control using TeamViewer. But will that be possible?
Just today, I have been informed by Lenovo/Motorola that this model will be upgraded to Android 7.1.1 during September. Will that enable full support for TeamViewer?

Best, Stinus

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hi @Stinus

Thank you for your message and your post.

As fair as I know it should be possible with an update to Android 7.1.1

At the moment I have the same information like my colleguage Reinhold. The requirements for remote control for Motorola devices are:

This feature is available for all new Motorola devices (e.g. Moto Z2 Play, Moto E (Plus) 4th Gen) and all devices that get an update to Android 7.1.1.

We will keep you up-to-date :smileywink:

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
TeamViewer Staff

Hi Stinus,

as written above, it depends on the firmware provided by the manufacturer. With Android 7.1.1 by Motorola there will be the option "Settings" - "Security" - "Apps with special access" which our software requires.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Product Owner
Posted by Stinus
Digon

Now, I have received a Corporate License from TV, and we have a Moto phone running Android 7.1.1 (Moto E4 Play).
However, I am able only to view the screen remotely - no interaction or remote control - when I use TeamViewer from my PC.
Also, I can't find the setting "Apps with special access" - I have one called "Apps with usage access", but I can't really change it.

I hope, someone will be able to help us move forward, so we can make full use of TeamViewer and obtain unattended remote control of our Moto devices, which is the goal for us.

Posted by aasoror
Trigon

Hello,

Just to be clear, you need a premium/coorporate license as well as 7.1.1 running on your moto to get remote control to work from TV QS/Host ?

Thanks,

Posted by Stinus
Digon

Yes, I am aware of this. I have a corporate license, and the device I am trying to remote control has been added to my list of mobile devices.

When I press "Connect", I am able to see inventory and stats, and I can go to "Remote Control", which causes a message to appear on the phone requesting to accept the connection. Then I can see the screen of the phone in TeamViewer on my PC, but I can't interact with it.

I really hope that it will be possible for us to truely remote control our Moto G4 Play devices using TeamViewer - and that someone here can help us achieve that.

Highlighted
Posted by aasoror
Trigon

@Stinus wrote:

Yes, I am aware of this.

Actually I wasn't stating a fact, I was asking if it is true :)

In all honestly I find it a little unrealistic from TV to expect a home user with personal license to have to buy a premium/corporate license for more than $1k annually just to control a $100 entry level phone like a moto E4 !!

Posted by morfevs
Photon

Lenovo Moto E4 PLUS

Hello.

I based my purchase for the E4 Plus because of this page: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices

In this page TEAMVIEWER officially specifies the list of telephones that support REMOTE CONTROL not only Screen Share.

In this list you wrote that LENOVO, MOTOROLA to be remotelly controllable by using the ADD ON to Team Viewer Quick support app.

Why your company is not serious to at LEAST CHECK that this list accurate, or AL LEAST wrote down a NOTE where it says "Lenovo European phones do not work with REMOTE CONTROL"...

Well, that is the result, I installed Team Viewer QS app + Lenovo ADD ON - and I get the message "Screen share only"...

Do you see my point?

Is this true? My phone needs to be rooted to use it on Team Viewer?

I currently use it on 3 other phones and all work.

PLEASE HELP. Im a bit desperate, bought the phone BASED on your information!

Model: Lenovo Moto E4 PLUS - EUROPEAN version.

Thanks in advance,
Posted by aasoror
Trigon

Re: Lenovo Moto E4 PLUS

@morfevs, unfortunatly I don't think TV care much to resolve the issue. The required permissions are not build into the stock firmware for the EU, UK and NA sets, rooting won't fix anything, unless you flash the Russian stock firmware once rooted that does have the permissions available.

They need to pull themselves together and just reach out for Lenovo and raise the issue directly with them, they can release a patch alongside the regular security updates (or even a full new firmware).

I have already posted complete logs for the devs here, but non even bothered acknowledging the issue !! My suggestion now, is not to count on TV getting it resolved, return the phone if you can and get something known to work or find some other solution aside from TV.

Good luck,

Posted by Alokmani88
Electron

Hi,

Can you help me with navigating to that special permission screen because that screen not coming in my mobile moto one power.