Announcements

Shape the future of your TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by usajvbueno
Photon

WINDOWS RT

TEAM VIEWER WAS WORKING OK WITH WINDOWS RT.

NOW SUDLENTY IT SAY  PARNER USES A NEWER VERSION OF TEAMVIEWER.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO UPDATE TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION 

.... AND UPDATE DOESNT WORKS FOR WINDOWS RT.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: WINDOWS RT

Hi all,

Thank you for posts!!!

I have to apologise my incorrect contribution from 07.12.2016.

TeamViewer 12 is only compatible with Windows RT 10.

I have been informed that Windows offers free updates for some devices.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Posted by gscsal
Photon

Same problem.

Is there any update for Windows RT for Teamviewer 12?

Thank you

TeamViewer Staff

Hi usajvbueno, hi gscsal

Thank you for your posts.

Which Windows RT version do you use? An Update is available for TeamViewer 12.

Please make sure, that you use at least Windows RT 8.1

Best regards.

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by gscsal
Photon

Hello Reyhan and thanks for your support.

I've just confirmed we have Windows RT 8.1 and when we try to connect to a machine with teamviewer 12 it says that needs to upgrade, but when I press the Accept button it does nothing.

Posted by GondorUr
Photon

Im currently having this same issue, using Windows RT 8.1 just checked to see if there are any new Windows updates (fully up to date)

When I try to connect to any of my computers that are configured for remote log-in I get an error message that says, "Your partner uses a newer version of TeamViewer. Would you like to update TeamViewer now to establish a connection?" I press the ok button but it does nothing.

I then tried to unstall TeamViewer, restarted the surface and then re-installed TV and got the same error. 

Are there any updates to this that I might be missing?

Attached is the update notification I receive that does nothing when I click "ok".

Posted by grice
Photon

I am expeciencing the exact same issue. just tried to update to 12 thern it said this app couldnt run on my computer. the only thing not working right is the app on my RT.

Posted by JPR
Henagon

Heyho,

I am also having the same issues. TV worked fine for years on my RT, and now doesn't support TV 12 anymore.

Wondering if any updates for the RT version are still being developed?

I tried to contact support directly but my request was ignored... So hopefully on this way all people with Surface RT's or any other device with Windows RT will get the answer that we're looking for.

J.P.R.

TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Hi all,

Thank you for posts!!!

I have to apologise my incorrect contribution from 07.12.2016.

TeamViewer 12 is only compatible with Windows RT 10.

I have been informed that Windows offers free updates for some devices.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Reyhan

View solution in original post

Posted by JPR
Henagon

Hey,

as far as I know windows 10 rt is not yet launched...?
And it doesn't seem to be a thing that a 32bit rt device could upgrade to?

So seems that Teamviewer (one of the only things making my rt tablet somehow useful) won't be working anymore unless I keep with version 11 on all my computers and devices. Thats sad.

if anyone knows a solution feel free to reply...

J.P.R.

Posted by Jager
Photon

So is this issue because the spec's in the Win 8.1 RT are not compatible? and is Team Viewer 11 secure because I thought getting the NEWEST version will give you the best security and I'm going to have to down grade and be less secure because of this...

Highlighted
Posted by talalmir
Henagon

I’m facing same problem, is there any compatibility way to make TeamViewer12 accept connection comming from earlier versions, so no need to update anything!!!

:mansad:

1 Reply
Posted by mattman8569
Photon

How can you just dismiss Windows 8.1 RT? As of this moment it is a fully supports OS from Microsoft and you don't have a solution for your customers? 

Posted by JPR
Henagon

I think the problem would not be compatibility, but rather that the people from teamviewer would have to spend time on a almost dead OS... Too few people use it still...
Its a pity, I know, but just downgrade your remote computers to the 11 version and everything still works, thats what I did...

Posted by TheresOnly1
Henagon

This is a great idea talalmir and probably the easiest way to get TeamViewer back up and running on RT 8.1.

TeamViewer,

I know you probably don't want to invest resources writing an update for RT 8.1, but *please* can you look at adding a setting to all the other TV clients that allows RT clients to connect to them...?!

I would be happy to accept a disclaimer when allowing RT clients to connect to other versions of Windows etc, that the security may not be as good, but for me (and I'm guessing the others in this forum and all the other people who have just read these posts), having a functional TV client on RT 8.1 is really important and extreemly useful.

I would appreciate a response. I love your software and would prefer to carry on using it.

Many thanks,

Jim

Posted by brokepalu
Photon

This thread should not be marked as solved.  We no longer support your device and you have to buy a new one is not a solution.

Posted by jafury1
Henagon

Hello you wrote I have been informed that Windows offers free updates for some devices are you saying i need to contact microsoft my nokia lumia 2520 8.1RT  not updating to teamviewer 12

Posted by jafury1
Henagon

Hello I have a Nokia Lumia 2520 running windows RT8.1 and use the team viewer app, it works great for connecting to  team viewer 11 computers, but when I run the app search to update my tablet, it doesn't come up in the window app store unless I send the link I created a few months ago, via email but the app will not update,  it say its already installed on this computer [Nokia] and when I try to connect to a computer running 12  I get the message the computer I trying to connect to is running a newer version of Team viewer..do I want to update this team view ,  so I say [ok]  but it wont show the app or it say teamvieawer is already installed on this computer, I'm afraid to remove the app completely from my tablet because I might get it back, [I mean at least I can use 11, but I want 12.what can I do , can you offer any help

Posted by ge0rgeass
Photon

so if your partner is underl TEAMVIEWER 13 it won't work?

Posted by Gualterov
Henagon

Sé que no es la mejor solución pero se puede instalar team viewer en el pc y usar team viewer web en la surface rt. Ojalá desarrollen una app.