Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

We want your ideas

community_survey_v2.png

TeamViewer 12 is here!

Now we can just sit back and relax and tap ourselves on the shoulder what a wonderful job we have done.

Nah, just kidding of course we don't want to stop here, we want to continue improving TeamViewer and helping you getting your job done even smarter, better, faster, stronger in the future.

I'm pretty sure even after more than a decade of continuous improvement there are still things you would like to do with TeamViewer that you can't do today.

What are those things? In which areas would you like to see TeamViewer improved over the version we just released?

Thanks your your feedback in advance!!!

Christian

Senior Manager, Product Management
111 Replies
111 Replies
Posted by Bean
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

Two simple things: add direct ip connections to contact list so you can connect to direct ip computers as easy as with team viewer id. I don't know how is this still not a feature? Second one is that team viewer actually remembers windows position on reboot. Why is it always starting at the center of the screen?
Posted by Physics101
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

The ability to deploy programs and run batch files to the computers in your organization.

Another idea is for the online meetings if we can have more than 25 participants(100-unlimited)

Posted by designworks
Trigon

Re: We want your ideas

@Bean If you have enabled incoming LAN connections you can type in the IP address of a computer and connect to it already, but you can't add remote computers by IP currently.


@Bean wrote:
Two simple things: add direct ip connections to contact list so you can connect to direct ip computers as easy as with team viewer id. I don't know how is this still not a feature? Second one is that team viewer actually remembers windows position on reboot. Why is it always starting at the center of the screen?

 

Posted by JOM-IT
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas - Terminate disconnected connections


@Christian_PM wrote:

community_survey_v2.png

TeamViewer 12 is here!

Now we can just sit back and relax and tap ourselves on the shoulder what a wonderful job we have done.

Nah, just kidding of course we don't want to stop here, we want to continue improving TeamViewer and helping you getting your job done even smarter, better, faster, stronger in the future.

I'm pretty sure even after more than a decade of continuous improvement there are still things you would like to do with TeamViewer that you can't do today.

What are those things? In which areas would you like to see TeamViewer improved over the version we just released?

Thanks your your feedback in advance!!!

Christian


 

Hi... I have often been in the situation that I've lost connection because of bad connection quality or disconnected by accident. Then I've somehow managed to lock my license - channel, so I can't reconnect again.

I these cases twamviwer support is alwas helpfull to fix it.

But the problem is if it occurs out of working hours :smileysad: , and it happens... we have 24 hours service for some of our customers, so this is a problem.

I know about the setting of timeout with inactive connection, but still it takes some time.
Sometimes the inactive timeout is giving some problems with file transfer timing out even during filetransfer, some times i transfers up to 3,5 GB before an installation. so this may not happen.

So it would be very nice with a feature there could reset the channel from command prompt or button somewhere to do that.

Posted by JOM-IT
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas - Terminate disconnected connections

I got this answer for support... And it is a great answer... But still not solving my problem :smileyhappy:

"Thank you for your email and query regarding TeamViewer.

The time out for inactive sessions is based on the interaction with the device (mouvements of the mouse).

If you start a file transfer and 30 minutes time out is set, without mouvements of the mouse, your file transfer will be stopped after 30 minutes.

We recommend to extend the delay or to remove it if you do not want to terminate your file transfers after 30 minutes.

Feel free to contact us again at any time if you have further questions or queries we can assist you with. "

But the problem is, I have this setting to help out that I can reconnect if I become disconnected somehow and the channel become locked... 

It Would be nice if file transfer was considered as activity

Posted by Rob
Photon

Re: We want your ideas

With the "new interface" (Options > General), let us choose the opening screen for TeamViewer. In my case, I wish it would always open to Computers & Contacts instead of the default, Remote Control.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@Physics101 wrote:

The ability to deploy programs and run batch files to the computers in your organization.

Another idea is for the online meetings if we can have more than 25 participants(100-unlimited)


Hey Physics101,

Thanks for your feedback!

Concerning your first point: you want to do this outside of a remote control session? Or after having connected to computer?

Concerning the second point: can I ask you what your use case is? Is this really a meeting or more like a webinar where one person does a presentation and the others mainly listen to it?

Thanks,

Christian

 

 

 

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@Rob wrote:

With the "new interface" (Options > General), let us choose the opening screen for TeamViewer. In my case, I wish it would always open to Computers & Contacts instead of the default, Remote Control.


 

Hey Rob,

I very much like your idea!! I will pass it on to the responsible team, lets see if it gets implemented.

Thanks,

Christian

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas - Terminate disconnected connections


@JOM-IT wrote:

I got this answer for support... And it is a great answer... But still not solving my problem :smileyhappy:

"Thank you for your email and query regarding TeamViewer.

The time out for inactive sessions is based on the interaction with the device (mouvements of the mouse).

If you start a file transfer and 30 minutes time out is set, without mouvements of the mouse, your file transfer will be stopped after 30 minutes.

We recommend to extend the delay or to remove it if you do not want to terminate your file transfers after 30 minutes.

Feel free to contact us again at any time if you have further questions or queries we can assist you with. "

But the problem is, I have this setting to help out that I can reconnect if I become disconnected somehow and the channel become locked... 

It Would be nice if file transfer was considered as activity


Hey JOM-IT,

Thanks for your feedback!

I do understand your pain point here, I will pass on your request to consider file transfer as an acivity which prevents session timeout.

Thanks,

Christian

 

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by Physics101
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

Reply to the first idea: I want to do this outside of a remote controled session and to do a mass deployment.

Reply to the second idea: I would say more like a webinar

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@Physics101 wrote:

Reply to the first idea: I want to do this outside of a remote controled session and to do a mass deployment.

Reply to the second idea: I would say more like a webinar


Thanks for your feedback!

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Re: We want your ideas

Hello @Christian_PM 
Recently I was submit a question in other topic:
https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Ideas/How-to-use-this-Idea-Board/m-p/2254#M182

But I think this i releated to this one.

I understand that you (TVStaff) now have, therefore, some new organizational processes.
But can I count on a short answer like: "We work / considering the appropriate solution. This may take a while. We'll let you know when everything will be set / clear."

Regards,
mLipok

 

EDIT:
I see an awesome feature from Lithium:
https://community.lithium.com/t5/Tech-Blog/Announcing-Changes-to-our-Idea-Exchange/ba-p/265862

It would be good to see it here on TVFourm.

 

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by designworks
Trigon

Create a UserVoice page or something similar for feature requests.

I have seen UserVoice used by other companies and its provides much more transparency. Users can easily search for existing suggestions, see what has already been planned, vote up other existing suggestions and comment on them.

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Create a UserVoice page or something similar for feature requests.

Hi designworks,

please have a look at http://ideas.teamviewer.com/

We are happy to get input from our users via different ways :-)

Best,

Posted by LKenny
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

What about having a service queue section in the main application, or even a separate one, rather than having to open the internet.
Posted by JVR
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

I concur - I definitely want the ability to save by computer name (preferrably) or by IP so we can connect on our internal network thus increasiing connectivity performance. It is actually better to be able to save a device by computer name (and not TV ID or IP) because if you're using DHCP as most organizations are, there is a chance of a device gettiing a different IP address when its lease is renewed.

 

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@mLipok wrote:

Hello @Christian_PM 
Recently I was submit a question in other topic:
https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Ideas/How-to-use-this-Idea-Board/m-p/2254#M182

But I think this i releated to this one.

I understand that you (TVStaff) now have, therefore, some new organizational processes.
But can I count on a short answer like: "We work / considering the appropriate solution. This may take a while. We'll let you know when everything will be set / clear."

Regards,
mLipok

 

EDIT:
I see an awesome feature from Lithium:
https://community.lithium.com/t5/Tech-Blog/Announcing-Changes-to-our-Idea-Exchange/ba-p/265862

It would be good to see it here on TVFourm.

 


Dear mLipok,

Thank you for your suggestion! I'm very sorry for the rather late answer!!

For this thread here I will keep you updated on the ideas that you provide. And yes, you can for sure count on an answer like "we are considering it", so for the posts I commented above I have really forwarded this on to the corresponding teams who are looking into it.

I hope this was a sufficient enough answer :)

Thanks,

Christian

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@LKenny wrote:
What about having a service queue section in the main application, or even a separate one, rather than having to open the internet.

Hi LKenny,

Let me help understand your request a little bit better. What would be the advantage for you to have it in the application itself rather than in a browser window?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@JVR wrote:

I concur - I definitely want the ability to save by computer name (preferrably) or by IP so we can connect on our internal network thus increasiing connectivity performance. It is actually better to be able to save a device by computer name (and not TV ID or IP) because if you're using DHCP as most organizations are, there is a chance of a device gettiing a different IP address when its lease is renewed.

 


Hi JVR,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer ID does not change, it is device specific and network independent, so even if you use DHCP this will not change the TeamViewer ID.

Thanks,

Christian

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by JVR
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

I understand but I want the capability to connect to a workstation over my internal network and not have to go out over the Internet. The way to do this today with TeamViewer is to enter the desktop's IP address. I don't want to have to do that. I have to know the IP address and enter it manually every time. 

I'm fine with just using the TeamViewer ID if there was some global option to let the software know to use the internal network as opposed to going over the Internet.

 

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@JVR wrote:

I understand but I want the capability to connect to a workstation over my internal network and not have to go out over the Internet. The way to do this today with TeamViewer is to enter the desktop's IP address. I don't want to have to do that. I have to know the IP address and enter it manually every time. 

I'm fine with just using the TeamViewer ID if there was some global option to let the software know to use the internal network as opposed to going over the Internet.

 


Hi JVR,

Thanks for your reply! I understand your point now!

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Re: We want your ideas


@Christian_PM wrote:

I hope this was a sufficient enough answer :)

 


Yes, of course.

Thanks.

 

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by Matt_W
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

One thing that would be great to see in a new version is the ability to Name the tabs you connect to.  I frequently have multiple connections to multiple different servers. 

This is an enhancement i have hoped for for a while, GoToAssist provided this a few years back.  

 

 2017-02-08_10-40-21.jpg

 Basically just rename these tabs so we can identify tabs without having the system properties in the bottom corner of every TV session

 

 

 

Posted by LKenny
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

It's mainly for ease of use. It's annoying to have to connect to it in the browser and then have it open in the application that's installed, which sometimes errors

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Re: We want your ideas


@Matt_W wrote:

One thing that would be great to see in a new version is the ability to Name the tabs you connect to.  I frequently have multiple connections to multiple different servers. 

This is an enhancement i have hoped for for a while, GoToAssist provided this a few years back.  
2017-02-08_10-40-21.jpg

 Basically just rename these tabs so we can identify tabs without having the system properties in the bottom corner of every TV session 


 

You should create account and save your contacts/devices to the contact list.
Then all ID should be visible as a given names.

 

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by Matt_W
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

Alot of the connections I make are once off to a random client site that may or may not have TV setup.  I work for a company that has a few thousand clients so saving them is not a realistic option unfortuantley.  

If the rename function was put in i could easily connect and rename to SQL-Client1, TS-Client1 and so on. 

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Re: We want your ideas


@Matt_W wrote:

Alot of the connections I make are once off to a random client site that may or may not have TV setup......


You can just click the StarIcon near to the ID Number ( You can see it in  your ScreenshotSnippet you have posted in  this thread).

The fact that your client may not have TV Setup is not important - you can add any ID to your contact list, and can easy delete them.

 

 

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by Matt_W
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

My current work around is to have the system properties open on the screen, then i know ther server name when i go back onto the screen. 

I dont think this idea is an unreasonable one, to allow users to have a temp name of the tab

Posted by adrianogeri
Electron

Re: We want your ideas

Pra que serve uma opção chamada "CONTROLE TOTAL" se ao enviar um arquivo utilizando a ferramenta "Clips" (ao lado da ferramenta "Chat") preciso aguardar o "ACEITAR ou RECUSAR" do pc remoto? Se não houver usuario para "ACEITAR ou RECUSAR" ficarei aguardando eternamente... Sou obrigado a acessar remoto de qualquer maneira. Não seria mais útil, mais rapido se apenas entregasse o arquivo e pronto, pois tenho o "CONTROLE TOTAL" ??? De que adianta o ITbrain para monitorar se para quaisquer tipos de alarmes precisamos conectar remotamente? Uma forma de "ativar ou atualizar" o ativo alarmado de forma facil e inteligente aproveitando a mensagem do "alarme" não seria possivel? (Economiza o tempo e consumo de dados, imagine ter que fazer isso por smartphone). Por que uma ferramenta que revela se ocorreu ou esta ocorrendo atividade de algum usuario no pc não existe ainda? Tenho equipamentos que apenas servem para controle de acesso, mas nao consigo saber se houve alguma tentativa de login ou simplesmente alguem esta utilizando o equipamento ou seus recursos se não buscar isso remotamente nos registros de log do Windows. Por que não é possível inibir a função "Sair do Teamviewer" no iMac, mas no Windows sim é possível ???? Meus apontamentos são para atentar a questão do consumo de dados. O acesso esta pesado (Estou no Brasil, velocidade de internet é ruim e caro) Ter que acessar remoto para resolver questoes simples poderia ser aperfeiçoado. Ser Discreto também é essencial. Alguns acessos são para acompanhar o desempenho de usuarios durante o exercicio da função, obviamente é um acompanhamento sigiloso. Usar recursos de informatica corporativa para praticas não autorizadas são prejuizos possivelmente detectaveis com o Teamviewer se, não fosse tão evidente com a "Orelha Gigante" proximo do relogio. Agradeço a atenção. Adriano Geri AGS1
Posted by jensrobot
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

Let me save a lan connections to contact list please

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@Matt_W wrote:

One thing that would be great to see in a new version is the ability to Name the tabs you connect to.  I frequently have multiple connections to multiple different servers. 

This is an enhancement i have hoped for for a while, GoToAssist provided this a few years back.  

 

 2017-02-08_10-40-21.jpg

 Basically just rename these tabs so we can identify tabs without having the system properties in the bottom corner of every TV session

 

 

 


Hi Matt,

Thank you for your suggestion.

If you add the remote copmuter into your Computers & Contacts you can assign the computer a name, which will also be displayed in the tab during connection.

Cheers,

Christian

 

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@LKenny wrote:

It's mainly for ease of use. It's annoying to have to connect to it in the browser and then have it open in the application that's installed, which sometimes errors


Hi,

Okay got i, I will forward it for consideration to the team which is working on the service queue.

Thank you for the clarification.

Christian

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas

Sorry for the double answer. Just saw you already got the same answer by mLipok

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by ecxsystems
Digon

Re: We want your ideas

If you guys are serious about listening to new ideas, why don't the ideas sections get feedback:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Ideas/Save-Email-Address-Logins-to-Switch-Between-TV-Profiles/m-...

 

Posted by HeyScotG
Electron

Re: We want your ideas - Remote Control for the elderly

Hello!

Version 12 is a dream, but I wish there was an option to auto-close the "Thank you for being fair" window at the end of a session.

I use TeamViewer to log into a WIN10 laptop set up in my mother's hospital room. I then can call out for her, using Skype, to any of the rest of the family. The only issue is, when we're done and I disconnect, the TeamViewer thank you window pops up, and stays up until a nurse remembers to close it. :-(

My feature request is for you to consider a 15 or 30 second auto-close delay after which the remote session client's window would close automatically, leaving the screen "empty" for her background (wallpaper) photos to cycle unobstructed. 

Thank you for reading. Your product is a life-saver as I cannot travel daily to visit my mom but I can talk face to face, and she doesn't have to lift a finger. Thank you again for a truly great free product. ~SCOT

Posted by maltop
Henagon

Service case description in email notification

Apologies if this has been requested before.

It would be nice to see customer notes for service requests directly in the email notification received. This would allow for priotitizing case handling directly through email, and classifying urgency and appropriate response, rather than requiring a loging to the management console to view customer notes.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Service case description in email notification


@maltop wrote:

Apologies if this has been requested before.

It would be nice to see customer notes for service requests directly in the email notification received. This would allow for priotitizing case handling directly through email, and classifying urgency and appropriate response, rather than requiring a loging to the management console to view customer notes.


Thank you for your feedback! I will directly forward it to our Product Owner for service cases!

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by nmuir
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

Teamviewer Quicksupport needs a "report abuse" or "report scam" button when the application closes.  I've had way to many clients call me telling me the got scammed, and what program were the scammers using?  Teamviewer!

I'm talking about cold callers who say they are from Microsoft and that your computer is infected.  You need to make it more difficult for these people to use the program, and make it easy to track their use and shut down their account when they get reported.

Posted by bbk-it
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

Bring a Solution to List all Teamviewer ID's of Terminalserver-Sessions with the usernames. So we can connect directly in the Terminalserver Session instead asking for the ID.

Greets from Germany

Posted by PV
Electron

Re: We want your ideas

I'm currently evaluating Teamviewer for corporate use and I'm baffled by the software's inability to record incoming sessions despite the options to manually or automatically record outgoing sessions.

We are looking for a reliable tool to manage and automatically record incoming sessions with our service providers in a high security environment. While Teamviewer does very well in all other fields, the inability to record incoming sessions will likely kill it for us.

Does the dev team intend to make incoming sessions recordable in the forseeable future and if yes, when? If not, you really should think about adding that feature.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@nmuir wrote:

Teamviewer Quicksupport needs a "report abuse" or "report scam" button when the application closes.  I've had way to many clients call me telling me the got scammed, and what program were the scammers using?  Teamviewer!

I'm talking about cold callers who say they are from Microsoft and that your computer is infected.  You need to make it more difficult for these people to use the program, and make it easy to track their use and shut down their account when they get reported.



Thank you for your feedback! I will forward this as a suggestion to the reponsible product manager.

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: We want your ideas


@bbk-it wrote:

Bring a Solution to List all Teamviewer ID's of Terminalserver-Sessions with the usernames. So we can connect directly in the Terminalserver Session instead asking for the ID.

Greets from Germany


Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback!

Ich werde das Feedback an das zuständige Team weiterleiten.

Senior Manager, Product Management
Posted by MyTechGuy
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

It would be wonderful if the Mac version of Teamviewer Full had the same features (espescially flagship advertised ones) as your PC version.  It's 2017, plenty of your Support Rep Side Technicians are sitting at a mac.  Thanks for understanding! (Specifically ability to Deploy/Install Host from a QuickSupport session seems to be missing, happy to be corrected!)

Posted by designworks
Trigon

Re: We want your ideas


@MyTechGuy wrote:

It would be wonderful if the Mac version of Teamviewer Full had the same features (espescially flagship advertised ones) as your PC version.  It's 2017, plenty of your Support Rep Side Technicians are sitting at a mac.  Thanks for understanding! (Specifically ability to Deploy/Install Host from a QuickSupport session seems to be missing, happy to be corrected!)



yeah, I find it really frustrating when switching between the Mac and PC client and the very different set of features and behaviour between the two apps.

One really annoying behaviour on the Mac is having to group session windows into tabs manually each time I open a new TV session. I should be able to set the option to open TV session windows in tabs by default and not have to manually group them every time.

 

Posted by Apoklyps3
Electron

Re: We want your ideas

Please add click differenciate on recordings-possibility to tell apart client clicks from host clicks.
Would be really nice in the business environment so quality managers can tell what you did from what the client did
Posted by Utnnyan
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas

How about a more reasonable small business/prosumer license?  I just need to manage a number of PC's and would like some basic support (email).  

Posted by Marshall
Electron

Re: We want your ideas (Storing Recorded Sessions)

Teamviewer is a great remote solution software and paired with Freshdesk, i love it. However, i would love a easier way or alternative to storing recorded sessions. 

I have a team of techs that work remotely and when it comes to quality and performance. Easy retrieval of recorded sessions would be extremely helpful. I would suggest cloud base storage or integrating with a cloud-based storage.  

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Re: We want your ideas (Storing Recorded Sessions)


@Marshall wrote:

Easy retrieval of recorded sessions would be extremely helpful. I would suggest cloud base storage or integrating with a cloud-based storage.  


This is all already done.

You could use ManagementConsole or TV API

 

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by imihaiescu
Henagon

Re: We want your ideas (Storing Recorded Sessions)

Hi,

With new feature "user initiate chat" we need the Quicksupport creation DO NOT have OWNER! Using corporate license, we have groups and users! We want to let customers chose witch user from a group to get in chat with!

Thanks