Posted by FuchsStoffel
Henagon

get.teamviewer.com - Loading TeamViewer ... message misleading

Hello TV Community!

I would like to mention this page that is misleading for most customers, which always appears automatically in the browser after downloading the rolled out QuickSuport-Module over get.teamviewer.com/xxxxxx

"Loading TeamViewer...
Not loaded yet? try again"

chrome_2019-04-03_12-41-32.png

Almost all customers (understandably without much computer knowledge) wait at that point, because they think that the TeamViewer will soon be loaded / started.

Maybe someone of you knows this annoying part of having to explain the same thing to dozens of customers every day - that the download at this point is already running in the background through the browser (with most browser default settings nowadays). 

My suggestion would be to make this page also customizable via the Management Console or to have a message displayed that the download is already running and where it can be found in the browser or at least don't show this screen at all.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: get.teamviewer.com - Loading TeamViewer ... message misleading

Hi @FuchsStoffel 

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to our Community.

I am taking this as a Feature Request and move your post into our ideas section.

@all: Please upvote the initial post, if you would like to have this feature as well!

Thanks and best,

Esther

3 Replies
Posted by FuchsStoffel
Henagon

Hello Esther!
Thanks for your response.

My concern is less an idea or suggestion, but more a complaint / problem report  :  )

Every client gets a static picture that the TeamViewer is currently downloading and that don't make sense because the download already has been finished, but this message is still/always there. Customers are waiting for something to happen.

Posted by Seifert
Henagon

I am taking this as a Feature Request and move your post into our ideas section.

I looked for this on the idea board so I could also upvote it, but could not find it. Could you append your response with the actual link to this as it is VERY annoying to alway have to explain to people that they already downloaded the file and that the page they are looking at is misleading.

Would love for this to be moved to the front of the line for feature requests. If people could find it, they'd upvote it!!

Anyone who has used this for more than a few dozen connections will realize how many people are confused by this landing page after the download is complete.

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Seifert 

You can simply upvote @FuchsStoffel ´s initial post above. This is now the official feature/change request.

Thanks and best,

Esther