Posted by alexD1759
Digon

setting very short session time outs.

I am using TeamViewer to keep an eye on some unattended knitting machines, remotely over a mobile connection ($30/gig). I recently used up all my data when a session was running in the background unbeknown to me (1.5gig was used up in about 30 minutes). I would like to have a way of being able to automatically time out sessions after 1 or 2 minutes. I only need 30 seconds to see if everything is running OK. I have had a look at the options, advanced settings and the shortest time out is 30 minutes. This means that $45 worth of data is used up waiting for the time out to trigger.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by alexD1759
Digon
Solution

Re: setting very short session time outs.

Update: I nearly have a good solution. The following PowerShell script turns TeamViewer on and off. The next step is to work out how to do it from a shortcut.

$TeamViewer = "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Teamviewer.exe"
Start-Process $TeamViewer
Start-Sleep -s 10
Stop-Process -Name "TeamViewer"

I found the naming of stuff in PowerShell to be rather perverse and difficult to find the correct syntax in the help files and blogs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Posted by alexD1759
Digon
Solution

Update: I nearly have a good solution. The following PowerShell script turns TeamViewer on and off. The next step is to work out how to do it from a shortcut.

$TeamViewer = "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Teamviewer.exe"
Start-Process $TeamViewer
Start-Sleep -s 10
Stop-Process -Name "TeamViewer"

I found the naming of stuff in PowerShell to be rather perverse and difficult to find the correct syntax in the help files and blogs.

View solution in original post

Posted by alexD1759
Digon

Job Done. A shortcut on the desktop to a batch file that starts the PowerShell script that opens TeamViewer and the opens notepad file on the desktop that has the partners password, copy and paste in the password, hit the go button and the connection is made. The time can be set from 1 second up to the largest number password in the Start-Sleep -s  cmdlet. :smileyhappy:

Posted by Frank1212
Henagon

Goedemiddag, ik heb een time out van teamviewer het werkt helemaal niet meer mijn ID is kunt u mij helpen alvast bedankt
Posted by alexD1759
Digon

Here is my translation of your question from Dutch to English:

Good afternoon, I have a time out of TeamViewer it does not work at all anymore my ID is can you please help me thanks in.

Please let me know if I have translated your question correctly.

My answer is simple, uninstall team viewer and download and install the latest version.

Starting with a fresh install usually solves most problems. Sure you can spend as much time as you like looking for the cause. But that is a good way to get to know the program but you may never find the solution.