Posted by TCFSupport
Photon

sub-grouping of contacts

Would it be possible to allow sub groups to be created below the main group folders?  

10 Replies
10 Replies
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: sub-grouping of contacts

HI @TCFSupport

Thank you for this request.

I upvoted it in our internal tool. 

Enjoy your weekend, Esther

Posted by gle
Photon

1. rccbagel8
Posted by gle
Photon

@gle wrote:
  1. rccbagel8

• ccaabc</>
Posted by Benneharli
Henagon

Much wanted and needed...

Posted by JakeEdwards
Henagon

Sub groups would be useful for us too.

Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks for your upvotes a the sub-grouping feature in the TeamViewer Computer & Contacts list.

With today's launch of TeamViewer 14 Preview, we are happy to present Custom Device Information and Advanced Device Grouping  to you.

We hope you are enjoying the new possibilities.

Please share your feedback with us for further developing. 

Thanks and best, Esther

P.S.: And to learn more about all new TeamViewer 14 features and improvements see https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-14-Preview/TeamViewer-14-Preview/m-p/46503#M1

Posted by Benneharli
Henagon

Hi, thanks for the update, but at least on my part, what was the main objective (from an administrative point of view) was grouping of users. Grouping of devices and contacts doesn't really bring a lot to the table for us here.

Is that also in the scope?

Community Manager

Hi @Benneharli

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I´ll forward it to our Product Management to make sure they get to know what´s important for our users besides the current possibilities.

Thanks and best, Esther

Posted by TJW
Henagon

Took a wrong turn

Whilst I think the idea of advance groups and and device information is great, i'm also dissapointed that this seems to have been added instead of sub groups rather than in addition to it, and also some obvious omissions in it's implementations

Major problems include:

• a limit of of 5 pieces of information (in premium at least,  Money grabbing?)
  • no way to update a piece of information for multiple devices at the same time - lots of extra administration work and also error prone.
  • Information that could have been automated and included by default is not (i.e. Client TeamViewer version, device OS\Version)
  • No ability to set a list of valid options for an item of information, again error prone, especially when subsequently used for grouping.

This could have been great, but I feel underwhelmed, sorry.

Community Manager

Re: Took a wrong turn

Hi @TJW

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward it internally to our product management. All feedback is highly appreciated as it helps us to deliver the features our users would like to work with.

Thanks, Esther