customdesign.teamveiwer.com downloads slow

Hi everyone,

The downloads for our custom quicksupport that are coming from get.teamviewer.com/xxxxxx appear to point to customdesign.teamviewer.com and are coming down at speeds of 60-400kB/s for all our clients.

If we download from https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe it comes down at a solid 1.75MB/s

Are there any issues with the customdesign as it's starting to be a bit of an issue for us with speed, and I'm more inclined to just direct to the generic quicksupport link at this point in time, even though I'd rather not.

Tagged:

Comments

• Rhombar
    Rhombar Posts: 1

We are experiencing the same thing with our custom QS.  It is not slow for everyone but is quite slow for some.  Not sure it it is related but the slowdown has only occured with our version 13 QS.  Our old version 10 custom QS still downloads quickly.

• DaveBoro
    DaveBoro Posts: 1

YES - we just updated to v13 and when testing it is insanely slow.  We could host the custom exe on our own site but the teamviewer one had the smarts to cope with Mac versus Windows automatically. 

I can see you logged this on 1st Marc - has it been bad all this time???

• richardm
    richardm Posts: 4
    Yes and it’s getting worse. Download times on some clients of 20 minutes. Get them to download off teamviewer website and down in seconds.

For reference I logged this with teamviewer and the response was as follows so I gave up:

“Thank you very much for letting us know the trouble again.
    I have noticed the developer but there is no response at the moment.

Unfortunately, this is a feature request at this stage and I can not promise you this will be fixed in the near future.
    Though, I know it is troubling you and other users. I would let you know as soon as there is any update on this issue.

If you have any further questions on our product, please feel free to contact us. ”
  • Just a follow up that this is still a massive issue 7 months later in Australia.

We just did a test and V11 comes down in 3 seconds. V13 comes down in 2 minutes and 50 seconds. I can't see how this is a feature request - it's an issue with routing and it not being on the same CDS as all the other downloads. It's obvious, it's simple, yet they still continue to say there's no issue. Combine this with yesterday's 2 hours of worldwide downtime and I'm beginning to think of taking our 8 seats subscription to a competitor if this is the kind of "support" provided. I get some bugs are harder to find (such as the one where every now and then it types backwards in a session that hasn't been fixed yet), but this one isn't.

It seems Teamviewer support just don't care unless it's something that affects the whole world - apparently Australia just doesn't matter.

Evidence of the issue - both downloading at the same time side by side. V11 takes seconds, V13 takes minutes: https://imgur.com/a/Yv3Q3pu