All about purchasing a TeamViewer license

100% helpful (3/3)

Can I test TeamViewer before purchasing?

Yes, you may have a free and non-binding test of TeamViewer for the use in a commercial environment for 7 days. This period can be extended.

What does "Risk-free purchase" mean?

All licenses come with a full 7-day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied you can cancel your order without giving any reasons. In order to cancel an order, please open a ticket in the support section of our website or give us a call. The satisfaction guarantee allows you to explore all of TeamViewer's features without any risk.

For any questions during the trial phase, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Which payment methods do you offer?

We accept payments via bank transfer, credit card, debit card and PayPal (paypal@teamviewer.com).

We accept payments via the following debit cards:

• Brazil: Boleto
  • Denmark: Dankort
  • France: Carte Bleue
  • Italy: Postepay
  • Spain: ServiRed, 4b,Euro6000
  • Rest of World (where available): Maestro and VPay

Note: The logos are only shown, when you choose the related payment method.

How can I order a license?

You can place your order anytime by phone, email, fax or online in our web shop. If you are not sure which license meets your needs best, please feel free to contact us, we would be delighted to help you.

The following online help might make the decision, which license suits you best, easier:

Go to the license assistant.

I have purchased a version upgrade. Do I have to activate the new license key?

No, the license will be switched automatically from old to new for your existing computers on our servers. Only on new computers the new license key would have to be entered manually.

Here you can read how to activate your Premium- or Corporate license.

Here you can read how to activate your Business license.

Do I have to activate my license on my customer’s side as well?

No, you should only do this in exceptional cases. For commercial use TeamViewer requires a license key only on one side of the connection. If you activated your license key on your customer’s side they could technically use your license.

What is the purpose of the license keys for the AddOn channels?

You will only need the keys as a proof of purchase for the AddOn channels. All TeamViewer installations are activated with your Premium / Corporate license key (only on your not the client’s end!). The AddOn channels do not need to be activated separately as the system automatically checks how many AddOn channels are associated with the respective main license.

Do I have to activate my TeamViewer license on every device?

No. It is sufficient that only one of the connected devices is licensed.

If you are licensing the device that you access, you can establish a licensed connection to this device with any other device. If you license your device or TeamViewer account, you can establish a licensed connection to any other device.

This applies to all TeamViewer applications on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.

Note: If you connect to mobile devices (iOS or Android), a licensed connection is possible using the Premium and Corporate license and "Mobile Device Support".

Note: Please note the restrictions that limit the possible number of simultaneous TeamViewer sessions of your license.

Note: If you license a device, others (e.g. service providers that access the same server) are able to establish a licensed connection from or to the device using your license.

I am a value added reseller. Do I get special conditions?

Thank you for your interest in reselling TeamViewer. In case you  currently aren’t registered up as a Distributor or Reseller and would like to benefit from our special conditions, please contact us via email. We look forward to hearing from you!

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
June
Updated by:

Contributors