How do I update TeamViewer?

75% helpful (3/4)

How do I update TeamViewer on the remote computer?

Updating the remote TeamViewer can easily be done during a TeamViewer session.

Within a remote control session click Extras > Remote Update on the session toolbar or just on Remote Update:

Remote Update1.png

It will then show you the available TeamViewer version numbers, asking you to confirm the update. TeamViewer on the remote computer will close and install the new version.

After the update you will be reconnected to the remote computer automatically.

Please note: Updating multiple TeamViewer clients on Windows PCs can be best achieved by using our MSI package, which is available with our Corporate license. Instructions can be found within the MSI download package.

How do I update TeamViewer on my own computer?

Updating a TeamViewer installation can be done with just one click:

TeamViewer full version:

If a new version of TeamViewer is available, there will be an arrow icon on the main window of TeamViewer at the right-hand side of the menu bar

remote update.png

In case this notification icon has been deactivated within the TeamViewer settings, you can simply click on Help > Check for new version:

Remote Update2.png

TeamViewer Host:

Simply right-click on the TeamViewer icon within the system tray and select Check for new version: Remote Update3.png

How do I enable automatic updates?

TeamViewer can install new versions automatically.

This option can be found within the settings under Advanced > Install new versions automatically.

By default TeamViewer will only install updates within your current major version. That means, for example, if you have TeamViewer 11, it will only install updates within version 11, but it will not automatically upgrade you to version 12.

Version History
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎24 Feb, 2017 12:27 PM
Updated by:

Contributors