Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Introducing Remote Scripting for TeamViewer Monitoring & Asset Management

Read this article in Japanese.

We have built a new feature for TeamViewer Monitoring & Asset Management to help you with troubleshooting and maintaining your devices remotely.

The new remote scripting functionality gives you the ability to:

• Add and save new scripts in the TeamViewer Management Console
  • Execute scripts remotely on your devices without having to establish a TeamViewer session prior to the executing them.

Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 15.05.03.png

Remote scripting enables:

Versatility
Scripts can be executed as a system user who does not necessarily have to be logged in to the target device. Prior to initiating the script execution you will be prompted to insert your credentials (username or domain username and password if the user is not logged in).
For security reasons, these credentials are single-use by this feature and will not be stored or cached.

Flexibility
You can create multiple scripts that will be saved in the TeamViewer Management Console and can be executed at your discretion.

Security
The script is downloaded securely on the target device and executed only once. This process is repeated for each script execution. For security reasons TeamViewer does not store or cache any user credentials.

Traceability
When the script is executed a notification is displayed in the TeamViewer Management Console and an email will be sent to the Company Admin/Admins indicating that a script execution sequence has been initiated.
Once the script was executed the user will be notified with the result. If the script was successfully executed a notification will be displayed in green. If the script execution failed the notification will have one of the following exit codes:

Exit code 4: The script download failed
After acquiring the script link, the download failed due to network issues.
Exit code 7: The script has an unknown extension
The first version of Remote Scripting supports CMD scripts(with extensions .bat and .cmd) and Powershell scripts(with extension .ps1)
Exit code 9: The script sequence initiation was failed
This exit code is returned when the username or password inserted are incorrect and the script cannot be executed.

This is our first version of remote scripting and since we are striving to improve our products to better accommodate your needs we are looking forward to receiving feedback from you.

Product Owner, Remote Management services
3 Replies
3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Introducing Remote Scripting for TeamViewer Monitoring & Asset Management

I added a script and did not select run as admin. When I select the script under Actions > Scripts > My script. It asks me to confirm the Access - Allow or Deny. The buttons are blurred. I am notable to select Allow.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi,

this could be a great feature for us but we need a way of executing a script on all of our 100+ devices at once. Is this a planned feature in the near future?

Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

@lutzhell wrote:

Hi,

this could be a great feature for us but we need a way of executing a script on all of our 100+ devices at once. Is this a planned feature in the near future?

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

In order to better accomodate our customers we are planning to release such a feature in the first half of 2021.

Product Owner, Remote Management services