Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Introducing the new TeamViewer Backup

Hello,

Could you let me know what happen if i don´t migrate older backups with the button in the console. I would like to migrate all the computers in organization, but some ones are not on, so i think i will not be able to do before end date. I know that we will loose older backup data, and we dont care, but we would like to have new backup system installed in all computers that was older

Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Hi @Losan 

Thanks for posting.

The update button will still be available for some time. Once the device comes online we sugest to update to the new Backup version. There will be a grace period to restore data after end of February if needed. In general if you do not care about older versions of backed up data then update when possible.

We assure you that this situation is happening only once. with the new architecture a manual update will not be necessary for the years to come us the new achitecture is very modern and scalable.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to post.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

hi 

kindly note i have backup testore not working from 5 days and i have open call support  and open case **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**  no one  answer ?????  i have important data from old version and today last day ?????? 

Highlighted
Remote Management Staff

Hi @Damas  

Thanks for the post. We can definitely help here. Do you already have a Ticket ID with support? 

I will send you a private message with further details and someone from support will get in touch with you. 

Normally restoration of from the olde TeamViewer backup should not cause any issues. however, sometimes a problem occurs this was one reason why we had to develop a new Architecture fro TeamViewer backup. With the new version, this issue will not occur at all. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Thanks for your reply. 

I have a new question! I have pushed button to update to new backup for several users and a lot of then now are not listed in backup system!! should i have to add manually user again to backup!!

We dont care to lost old data if new backup works.

Thanks in advantage

Highlighted
Remote Management Staff

Hi @Losan 

Thanks for the post. 

I am not sure what is happening in your situation. It's better to get in touch with our Support. With a quick remote session, I think everything will be solved. 

If you want to call directly, please go to the Management console Remote Management-> Overview page and call the number(differs from country to country) displayed on the Contact tile.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

TeamViewer Backup and HIPAA

I think TV Backup could be useful for my IT clients. But some of my clients are small counseling offices that work with Personal Health Information and their data needs to be protected. Is it possible to make TeamViewer Backup HIPAA compliant? Thx!