Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Introducing Monitoring & Asset Management for Linux

We are happy to announce Linux support for Monitoring & Asset Management! 

Now you can check the online state, get alerted if the Memory or CPU resources are getting low, monitor available volume space, and get notified when a process is running or not running on the machine. 

Monitoring.png

You can view and export a list of manually installed packages and installed hardware. We also added special visibility for the distribution version and kernel for easy troubleshooting. 

Asset Mgmt.png

Requirements

• Works with Debian 9 or newer.
      • Can be activated on many Debian distributions such as GRML, Kali Linux, Purism Pure OS, Tails, Ubuntu.
    • Works with Raspbian Stretch and newer(Raspberry 2, 3 and newer).
    • Works with Debian ARM (should work with other ARM Debian distributions although not tested internally)
    • Needs TeamViewer 14.1.9025 released on 2019-01-21 or newer.
    • Account should be added via TeamViewer Options (Account Assignment). 
    • The unattended password needs to be set.
    • Can be activated from the Management Console (groups tab or Monitoring tab).
    • Can be activated from TeamViewer for Windows partner list, with 14.1.9025 released on 2019-01-21.

Note: For the multiple operating system selection to appear in the policy, please create a new policy and the Linux selection will appear for the supported checks.

Note: If you encounter any problems while activating or working with Monitoring & Asset Management on other Debian distros, please let us know by writing a post in the Monitoring & Asset Management board or contacting our support team.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
3 Replies
Posted by Rodion
Photon

Re: Introducing Monitoring & Asset Management for Linux

good 

Highlighted
Posted by BigIslandBuddy
Photon

I am VERY pleased to see this expantion of TV!!  I am a HAM Operator and working with Hawaii County ARES & Civil defense & Local CERT organizations to deploy the AREDN Mesh Network on the islands of Hawaii, and this is a HUGE asset for this project, to be able to manage all the Nodes from one central location or mobile is a huge relief to a very stressful part of this project!

My question is how do I deploy this and install it within the Raspberry Pi device(s)?  I'd appreciate any assistance on this asap. Mahalo (thanks) 

73's & Aloha

Tim Reed. WH6FVC
Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Hi @BigIslandBuddy 

Thanks for the post. This is an interesting project you are doing. 

The best way to get TeamViewer Monitoring & Asset Management installed on those Pi's would be the following: 

• Install the latest version of TeamViewer host for ARM
  • Setup unattended passwords in Settings-> Security
  • Log in with your TeamViewer account in the General tab-> Account assignment.
    • Alternatively, you can note down the TeamViewer ID and password and add it manually in the Management Console to any group you want. 
  • Once all devices have TeamViewer host running on the Pi's and they are added to your Computer and Contacts group in your TeamViewer account you can go ahead and mass deploy TeamViewer Monitoring & Asset Management. 
  • Go to TeamViewer Management Console
  • Go to Monitoring tab -> click on the "+" sign and select the devices you want to be deployed to. 
  • The default Policy would be setup on all devices. You can modify the policy settings or create another policy and apply it later on. 

If you will need assistance in setting up the network of devices please write to me with a private message in the community and we can arrange that someone from our APAC office will get in touch with you.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.