Announcements

Would you like to be part of the TeamViewer task force to make our product even better? Start now with participating in our survey and help our product team to build an even better TeamViewer. Click here for more information.

Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

New Check in ITbrain Monitoring & Asset Management

We are glad to introduce a new check to our family called Network adapter traffic.It allows you to act on incidents or unusual network traffic on any of your computers within your network.

Untitled.png

You can choose to monitor incoming or outgoing traffic:

• Monitoring incoming network traffic

You can easily receive notifications in case any of your computers receives unexpected incoming traffic (e.g. big downloads). You can configure your minimum and/or maximum threshold. 

• Monitoring outgoing network traffic

Outgoing traffic monitoring will help you to monitor whether any of your computers has a high and/or low outgoing traffic rate (e.g. uploading files). You can configure your minimum and/or maximum threshold.

Note: You can add the check multiple times; one time could be for outgoing traffic and second time for incoming traffic.

2018-07-17_1324.png

Hint: The alerting mechanism is similar to other ITbrain checks. If the traffic (both for incoming and outgoing) is less than the minimum and/or more than maximum threshold value, an alert will be triggered, after this the system will start to check every 1 minute and when the traffic will be within the thresholds you will receive a recovery notification.

Please let us know what do you think of this new check in the comments below or by contacting us at: support@itbrain.com.

Product Owner ITbrain
3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by Maonaigh17
Henagon

Re: New Check in ITbrain Monitoring & Asset Management

Hello,

If there was a report that monitored what type of traffic was being uploaded/downloaded this would be very beneficial and a base from which I could start setting alerts for suspicious activity.

Mike

Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your feedback.Sure will take it into consideration for network traffic check next improvements.Can you please kindly give us more details what exactly you mean by saying "what type of traffic"? Is it means that you want to see wich protocol(TCP,UDP, ICMP and etc.) is using network bandwidth or maybe something else? 

Thank you in advacned,
Levon
Product Owner

Product Owner ITbrain
Posted by Maonaigh17
Henagon

Hi Levon,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Traffic  like SMB, FTP, EMAIL, RDP, DNS, SQL etc

I’d expect a lot of SMB traffic between servers and clients but would love to see charts showing all types of traffic on a node so I could look for outliers.

We have a client using Darktrace and they pick up on this kind of traffic which is very useful. E.g a client using ftp to upload data to a Russian/Chinese server.

Thank you.

Mike