Can't Ctrl+Alt+Del to login to a Windows Server from Ubuntu host with TV13

I've just upgrade my machines to use TV13. However, when trying to connect to a machine with Windows Server from Ubuntu, there's no option to send a Ctrl+Alt+Del combo. In previous versions, there was a tray with icons and you could select the Ctrl+Alt+Del combo and it would forward it to the host, but that appears to be missing now.  Pressing the combo from the Ubuntu machine doesn't forward the keystrokes to the TeamViewer window and instead just closes the window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @MasonR

Thank you for your post.

Please have a look at this post and feel free to take part in the survey to let Daniel know, what you would like to see next in the client: [Update] TeamViewer 13

Have a good day, Esther

Former Community Manager

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

More specifically, we will release an update for this about December 21st.

Linux Developer
  • Are you implying there is no way to CTRL-ALT-DEL login into windows from Linux in Team Viewer 13?

• DanielStm

@bnelson I'm implying there will be a way with next week's update.

Linux Developer
  • "Please have a look at this post and feel free to take part in the survey to let Daniel know, what you would like to see next in the client" But he's only asking for something that has been in TV for ages. It was removed without notice. TV 13 was pushed, and linux users werent being told that they only got a crippled version. They PAID for something and didnt recieve it. "I'm implying there will be a way with next week's update." How dare you be this snarky? TV sold a crippled piece of software, which do not have the features advertised,.
  • Seems like a pretty big oversight, but at least I was able to dual boot into windows and get what I needed done there.  Had to wait for 1/2 gig of windows updates to load before I was comfortable security wise remoting into a work system as I rarely use windows at home.  Hope I wasn't coming across as snarky just wanted to know if there was a way to do it.  Am glad you have (or will have) linux support for this.

• Oh wasnt saying that you were snarky, not at all, your complaint is legit, i was responding to @DanielStm the TV developer. sorry for that misunderstanding!
  • DanielStm

Dear @MasonR and @bnelson,

Here's the functionality you have asked for: [Update: 13.0.6634] Christmas Update
    Sorry, couldn't make it quicker :robothappy:

All the best,
    Daniel

Linux Developer