Multiple concurrent users in one target machine

Hello,

We set up TeamViewer in an Ubuntu machine that will sit in my office, and we'd like to use it to work remotely. In this machine we have multiple local user accounts, and we'd like to be able to login remotely and concurrently, ie, each to our own user account.

We have a corporate license with multiple users, so from this perspective we should be fine. We set up TeamViewer on the two separate accounts, each with our TeamViewer account (both linked to our corporate license).

Now we can both login remotely to the target machine, however we can't use separate session and access separate local accounts on the target machines. To explain more clearly, it's as if we had two mouses and two keyboards operating on the same screen.

Is there a way for us to access our separate accounts and use them concurrently?

Thank you,

Roberto

Best Answer

Answers

• docdj
    docdj Posts: 3 ✭✭

Quite often, I need to access a machine as root to help a user while the user COULD be logged in at that time, (also using Teamviewer).  I  work this way now with VNC, but I think the Teamviewer connection mechanism would be better. Does TeamViewer allow for this?

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Please clarify: Do you mean to work on the same screen / desktop?
    That is, of course, possible. TeamViewer shows you what is visible on the remote screen, and multiple connections to that screen at the same time are possible.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • eLPe21
    eLPe21 Posts: 2

Well, not everyone bothers commenting it and who already use Team Viewer probably does not need the feature ;-) 

As potential customer I do not need it as we currently use X2Go however without this feautre I'm unable to propose move to TeamViewer in the company. 

Have a nice day. 

• Yes, you can connect multiple concurrent computers in one target computer. As if you are using 2 mouses and 2 keyboards because I personally tried this scenario. Sample scenario computer A and computer B wants to remotely control computer C at the same time, computer A will login to computer C then computer B will also login to computer C, you can also use your mouse and keyboards of computer A/B at the same time to control the computer C. 

• Yes, but we're asking here for a feature to have separate session for computer A and computer B so 2 people can do different things on computer C at the same time. 

Exactly the same when you use X2go or NoMachine ( nx ) 

• Abeiis
    Abeiis Posts: 1

I have three PCs on my local network; while my son is working I need to access my account on the same PC - IF TeamViewer server is running as a service, why it is not allowing me to login, even if TeamViewer force the OS to switch users... food for thoughts. 

• km30
    km30 Posts: 1

Hi there, we simply want two people to be able to view a 3rd person's PC.  Could you please advise which plan we require to be on for this functionality?  And once purchased, we will receive instructions on how to facilitate this?  Thank you.

• Dapp20
    Dapp20 Posts: 1

@DanielStm wrote:

Please clarify: Do you mean to work on the same screen / desktop?
    That is, of course, possible. TeamViewer shows you what is visible on the remote screen, and multiple connections to that screen at the same time are possible.

Cheers,
    Daniel

To expand: User A has logged into a client PC and has several programs open. We desire multiple offsite users to simultaneously access user A's desktop. In TeamViewer do they use the same login as user A used to login to his PC to initiate the programs on his desktop? As opposed to the multiple simultaneous users using their own Team Viewer logins they would see their own desktops. I realize user A can send out invites for others to see his desktop but the activity is daily so we don't want this extra work, rather desire a standard login for everyone, akin to joining a recurring meeting.