Teamviewer 14 Ubuntu 18.04 XOrg

Hello,

I have a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04 and teamviewer 14. After the installation I can connect the Ubuntu machine without any problems with a Android device or Windows desktop.

But some minutes or hours later, if I connect the ubuntu for example with my windows client, nothing works correct. I am able to login, but then no window of the filemanager responses. I can`t close any window. In the teamviewer window on my windows client I see windows, that aren`t really there. So I can`t do anything on the remote computer.

The problem begins with the login form of ubuntu not in the middle, but in the top left corner of the screen. I can use this form, but after that, everything is broken.

The only thing I can do now is to restart the whole ubuntu. Restarting teamviewer dont work. In Ubuntu, the whole gnome is broken. The app bar on the left is missing now. So it seems like teamviewer is destroyig my gnome.

EDIT:

I think I have the same problem like this one:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/logging-in-to-Ubuntu-18-04-with-TV13-removes-Ubuntu-dock/td-p/44241

I also use win 10 / 1709 pro. But first it worked. After some time, the  dock is away and nothing works.

Do you know what is wrong here?

Comments

• Having the same issue.

• Do you have no monitor plugged in or an hdmi switch installed? Then you have to install a dummy monitor. Otherwise xserver shuts down and teamviewer doesn`t work. This was my problem.

xserver-xorg-video-dummy could help you. Look at google for "teamviewer dummy monitor ubuntu"

• That solved it for me! Thanks!