bug: ctrl + any key types the key repeatedly

2»

Comments

• mwolf
    mwolf Posts: 4

On my Manjaro Rolling and Archlinux the Issue is still here as well.

Waiting for 13.2 on Linux.

• mwildam
    mwildam Posts: 16

I tried also connecting from the Ubuntu 14.04 (local) to 18.04 (remote, both TeamViewer 13) and then I have the issue, which vice versa I do not have.

This is my locale on the Ubuntu 14.04 and also on the 18.04 - both are the same:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LANGUAGE=en_US
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_TIME=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_NAME=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_ADDRESS=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_TELEPHONE=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_MEASUREMENT=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_AT.UTF-8
    LC_ALL=

Keyboard layout are both the same (german).

• mwildam
    mwildam Posts: 16

I also tried the current TeamViewer 13 version on Ubuntu 16.04 versus 18.04 in both directions and works in both directions. I am on build 13.1.8286. I am pretty sure that at least with an older build of TeamViewer 13 it did not work on Ubuntu 16.04 either (although it was a different machine and not the one I used right now for testing). I hope all these inputs help nailing the problem. However, for my daily work I am currently migrating to Ubuntu 18.04 so for me the problem seems to be solved for the future.

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

We've just released our summer update. It contains some improvements for the keyboard handling. Some of you had already tested it and gave mixed feedback. It seems that the behavior is better, but not completely well.
    Please leave your feedback on your experience, good or bad.
    If you have clues when it happens or how to stop it (e.g. reconnecting), please also share.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • The same on Linux Mint 19 MATE. However I managed to find a workaround:

1. Press the left Alt key.
    2. Press the left Ctrl key.
    3. Release the Alt key.
    4. Press the other combination key e.g. C.
    5. The remote computer responses now as if Ctrl+C was pressed.

Have a nice day.

LH_Mouse.

• pieleric
    pieleric Posts: 1

I've just tried the "summer update" (13.2.13582), and I'm still facing the issue. To be precise, the issue I'm having is only with Shift (not Ctrl or Alt). From the moment that I press Shift, it stays "stuck". The standard keys are still sent normally (example a stays lowercase, and Shift+a is A), but special keys like arrow up/down/left/right, or delete, etc. are interpreted always with shift at the same. Also (and most annoying) is that mouse clicks are also considered with Shift down.

Both the controlled and controlling computers are running Ubuntu 16.04, with the same keyboard mapping (US international + AltGr). This doesn't happen if the controlling computer is on Windows.

When this happen, running xev, and clicking on the window shows this:

ButtonPress event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x5c00001,
        root 0x110, subw 0x0, time 1370688504, (49,134), root:(916,999),
        state 0x1, button 1, same_screen YES

Note the "state = 0x1". Normally, it should be "state=0x0".

So far, I've found two ways to stop the Shift:

• Teamvewier loses and gets back the focus (in the controlling computer). Note: pressing "Alt" or "Win" on Ubuntu causes Teamviewer to lose the focus, as Unity displays a menu.
    • Stop the Teamviewer connection and restart.

• I've completely given up on Teamviewer. I would have rolled back to the previous release which worked but it refuses to connect with anyone using version 13.

So I have gone back to **Third Party Product** and it works fine with no problems. In fact, it also fixes another bug in Teamviewer (the clipboard bug).

I wish everyone luck with Teamviewer but it is unusable and no one really knows how to fix the bug.

• mampe71
    mampe71 Posts: 1

I have following problem with teh trafered keys:
    If I connect to my main computer from university or work and open from the accessed computer another rdp session to my homeserver - then the AltGr key compinations do not work. On the first hop to the main computer everything works fine. But not on the next hop.

• I had issues with Shift key getting stuck when connecting from  Kubuntu 18.04 to Windows 10. I was using "Both Shift together" as my main shortcut for switching keyboard layouts and when I disabled that, Teamviewer started working. So maybe you want to investigate in that direction.

https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2018/10/15/C4Sj.png

• Following solves this issue https://automatthias.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/ctrl-key-not-working-in-vnc/

dconf write /org/gnome/settings-daemon/peripherals/mouse/locate-pointer false
  • mozo
    mozo Posts: 28 ✭✭

And middle click doesn't work again...

• rz
    rz Posts: 1

Shift+Tab doesn't work either in from Ubuntu 18.04 to Win 10. Started looking for an alternative...

• I'm still have that problem at:  [Update: 14.0.14470] TeamViewer 14

Thanks.

• I've had it with TeamViewer. With recent outages are a factor as well as this and such flakiness in achieving an unattended connection reliably.

Moving to **Third Party Product**. As I have several remote clients now running both teamviewer and **Third Party Product**. When TV fails (very often), **Third Party Product** can still make a connection. So it's not my config.

Edit. Oh look. The competitor's name has been automatically redacted. Well that just about says it all.   It's **Third Party Product**

• LordHelmchen
    LordHelmchen Posts: 9 ✭✭

This problem started when Teamviewer-Linux was transformed from Wine to native. And the problem still persists in 2021. It has been like this on 3 different Linux OSse I have used since (Mint, Xubuntu and now Manjaro with XFCE) It's super annoying, it's "game breaking". Why don't you simply go back to using Wine with Teamviewer again?

• basillicus
    basillicus Posts: 0

I had exactly this problem, using Team Viewer on Linux, Kubuntu 20.04. I found my source of the conflict, and a simple workaround to fix it.

In my system I configured it to switch keyboard layouts by pressing the two shifts simultaneously and that conflicts with Team Viewer, generating this problem . I changed it to a key combination that does not involve any of the Ctrl, Shift or Alt keys, and it looks like solves the problem so far.

In KDE environment: System Settings -> Keyboard -> Advanced: Switching to another Layout And change it to anything that does not involve Ctrl, Shift or Alf Keys. I used the (not-any-more) usless key Caps Lock to swithc keybord layouts, and it solved my problem so far.

• TVTesterDRB
    TVTesterDRB Posts: 1 Newbie

Does anyone know if this bug was ever addressed and resolved?

I have installed the latest version of TeamViewer and, though I am not a gamer, I am experiencing this same issue using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. The issues being when you press and hold the space bar to toggle to the hand tool (good for quick zooming in/out and panning around an image once zoomed in), also holding alt/ctrl to toggle between the add and subtract tools for selections, the key(s) do not translate and results in a flicking application window.

I do not see any updates past the issue still existing back in 2021. Anyone have an update or found a workaround?