"Segmentation fault: error

Options

"Segmentation fault" bug

Hi all,

I have encountered an error when running teamviewer heedlessly that upon further research, appears to be a bug, according to this post, but was fixed. The exact output received is this:

Connected

Please enter your e-mail / username: someusrnm@somedomainname.somedomainextension

Please enter your password:

Initiating sign in

Segmentation fault

I have installed this through the tarball on Manjaro Linux, which is based on Arch Linux.

Am I doing something wrong or has the bug arisen again?

Thanks,

ansarirayyan

Comments

• StefanPaulNoack
    Options

Got the same problem on Ubuntu 18.10

• Faro
    Faro Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 16.04

• SpaceFiend
    Options
    I also have the same fault on Ubuntu 18.10. Fresh install and still encountered the same issue. Issue happens when run with root account or sudo account. sudo teamviewer setup Enter username Enter Password "Initiating sign in" "Segmentation error" Then it kicks you out of the application and back to the command line.
  • nPrime
    nPrime Posts: 1
    Options

I'm using openSUSE and have had TV installed for about a month now. I started getting this error for the first time out-of-the-blue today - about 3 times within a short period of time.

I closed TeamViewer, restarted it, and the error came up again. Then I:

1. Closed TeamViewer
    2. Terminated the teamviewerd process/service
    3. Restarted the teamviewerd service (sudo systemctl start teamviewerd.service)
    4. Started TeamViewer

Since then the error hasn't reoccurred, which implies the issue is with something going wrong with the teamviewerd service.

• mafpbiaggi
    mafpbiaggi Posts: 1
    Options

I'm having the same problem on Debian 11.4. Did anybody get a solution? I've already tried some versions (15.x), but no success.