teamviewer10 protocol URI on Linux

QPG
QPG Posts: 23 ✭✭

I use a web tool that has TeamViewer integration which provides links using a teamviewer10 protocol URI formatted like the following:

teamviewer10://control?device=[numerical-id-here]&authorization=password

[numerical-id-here] in my example is a placeholder for an integer containing the TeamViewer ID. There are no square brackets in the real URI. The word password is the literal string value exactly as it appears in the URI, not a placeholder for a password.

Unfortunately Firefox on Linux simply returns a page stating: "The address wasn’t understood. Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (teamviewer10) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context."

Manually adding the protocol in the Firefox about:config dialog allows me to be prompted by Firefox to choose an app. I can now select TeamViewer and even set it as default, however that only makes TeamViewer open when following a link using the teamviewer10 protocol, but it does not intiate the connection to the targeted host as expected.

Is there any way to make teamviewer10 protocol URIs function as expected on Linux?