Bumblebee and Teamviewer

Options

Hey,

I want to run Teamviewer with Bumblebee. Bumblebee is an application for NVidia Optimus systems (means one intel onboard and one discrete NVidia card), which allows the system to run on the Intel onboard graphics and start single applications only with the Nvidia Graphics by entering "optirun application" in the terminal. I could find out that the linux version of Teamviewer basically uses its own wine version to emulate the .exe. For wine usually you run: 

optirun wine application.exe

I managed to search the script folder and find the tvw_main script where in line 152 it says: 

exec wine 'c:\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe' $inst "$@ &> $logPath"

I tried to change it to:

exec optirun wine 'c:\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe' $inst "$@ &> $logPath"

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Even tried copying the optirun application from /usr/bin/optirun over to the folder where Teamviewer's wine version is located. No success so far... I think it would also have to be applied to the Teamviewer_Desktop.exe file.

How can I get this to work? I would like to run Teamviewer with my discrete graphics since it should react more smoothly.

Greetings

Comments

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]
    Options

Dear Jan292,

Thank you for your post.

Are you using Ubuntu? Have you tried using the nvidia-prime package?

Hope this solution works for you.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.