Can't activate license on new version 13

Hi, I bought 11 to 13 version update, I cannot activate the business licence on my ubuntu installation. It always remind me that I have a free version, altough I bought it last week.

If i try to insert my license code it tells me that my license number isn't correct. I have to use the web flash version for assistance.

Please tell me how to activate my linux installation.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @aljaber

Please activate your license via the Management Console.

You can find a description of how to activate your license in this Knowledge Base article.

Thanks and have a good day, Esther

Former Community Manager

• cbu
    cbu Posts: 3

I've got the same problem as well. 

The license has been activated in the Management Console and my TeamViewer instance (also running Ubuntu) is logged in with "Computers & Contacts".

Regards, chris

• I have the same problem as well!! In managment console the license looks correct (business) but the client on the PC shows licence *expired* and the right side of the screen is grey and unusable.

The activation link through the purchace email or through the management console did not help to solve the problem!

• MaxHa
    MaxHa Posts: 4

Same problem here

Ubuntu Mate 17.04 and Teamviewer 13.0.6634

• MaxHa

Hi @Esther,

did you already marked this as a bug? Because it really is!

I have exactly the same problem like the OP. Licence activation works fine under Windows, but under Linux it doesn't detect that the licence is activated for my account and my device!

Ubuntu Mate 17.04 and Teamviewer 13.0.6634

• cbu

I agree with @MaxHa that this is a bug. It is especially annoying when using it with the customized TeamViewer version that we provide to our customers. This way I've got only 5 Minutes until it cuts off.

TeamViewer 13 (13.0.6634) and Ubuntu 14.04.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi there,

let me investigate...

Thanks for the hint, Esther

Former Community Manager

• MaxHa

Hi,

we have the same problem like @cbu. We also use this version with our customers, and it looks very unprofessional from our side, if the connection get's cut after 5 minutes! :(

@Estherthanks for investigating!

• p2k
    p2k Posts: 8

+1

logged in with TV13.0.6634 but only in free license mode.

TV keeps nagging me about not beeing licensed. The Remote host even sees my User etc, but the Linux client doesn't get the corporate license data.

Needs fixing ASAP

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Dear @aljaber, @cbu, @elenakor, @MaxHa, @p2k,

I think there are two distinct issues: First, with TeamViewer 13, the license should not be activated on the device, but on the account (in the management console), as has been already stated.

It appears to me that you have activated it properly, but still have unlicensed connections. The only way we can currently reproduce this is when the account is not logged in. (Obviously, you have to be logged in for the license to be active)

Unfortunately, there is currently a little pitfall here: The auto-login function is only activated when the Computers & Contacts window is shown for the first time. This will change in an upcoming update. For now, please make sure to be logged in and to have the C&C Window open at least once.

This would imply that the unlicensed connections you had were started from the main window, and not from the C&C window. Is that the case? Please let me know if this clarifies it for you.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • p2k

@DanielStm

Yes, I can confirm, that after I opened the Computers & Contacts window I am working with my license.

If I don't open the Computers & Contacts window I use the computer license. So this issue is because the auto-login is not working.

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

@p2k auto-login is now there: [Update: 13.0.9865] File Transfer & Chat

Best regards,

Daniel

Linux Developer
  • MaxHa

Thank you very much Daniel! Now it works!

• cbu

I can also confirm that it now works. Thank you for the fix.

• p2k

@DanielStmThanks it works for me now too.

Only one minor UI issue: In Windows Teamviewer, I see in the About dialog that I have the free system license and a corporate account license. This info is missing in the linux client.

I am sure you know about this, and it will be fixed sometime along the way.

Thanks
    Philipp

• Now the license is correctly showed. I still have problems with the request of assistance from my custom TV, I receive the email but on linux client nothing happens, and I cannot use it. The only way I have to help my customers in this way is the ID/pass way or via flash online program.