High cpu usage with TV13.1 on Ubuntu18.04LTS

Menel
Menel Posts: 9

I know the OS is new and fresh, as is my host CPU i3-8100. Which only recently had some gpu support elements solidifed in the Linux kernel if I understand correctly.

TeamViewer_Desk seems to use a lot, keeping all 4 cores floated upto 40-50% rather than 15-20% with my older slower CPU on Ubuntu17.04.

Known issue being worked on? Others see it? Something that could use a tweak on my end? Any helpful logs I could collect to pass forward?

Comments

• Menel

When the TV square is minimized to the side of the screen, there is a pulsing TV logo... When that logo is pulsing it drives the CPU usage upto 40-50% across all 4 cores.  Related to transparency alpha?

Hover curser over the square makes it turn into a static arrow, and cpu usage drops to 3-4%.

• Menel

@Menel wrote:

When the TV square is minimized to the side of the screen, there is a pulsing TV logo... When that logo is pulsing it drives the CPU usage upto 40-50% across all 4 cores.  Related to transparency alpha?

Hover curser over the square makes it turn into a static arrow, and cpu usage drops to 3-4%.

Can we get a fix for this piped into a future version?  It hammers :(

• Menel

Heeeeeelp

• Menel

:'(

Ubuntu 18.04LTS / TeamViewer 13.1.1548 H on amd64

Also Rasbian... same thing and more painful :(  v13.1.1548 H on armhf

• Menel

nothing? timeline for next TV host upate?

• Menel

I'm finding **bleep** Connect works much better. Has cloud connect options, 2FA authentication, doesn't have a the large blocky window that takes over raspberryPi.  Doesn't trash the CPU.