Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by mvrozanti
Electron

Linux release is a joke.

Cannot run the app. Few problems from the get go on Arch Linux:

1 - Within 3 clicks of your homepage I get to a 404 page. https://www.teamviewer.com/download/linux/community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-install-...

2 - Upon downloading *.tar 14.0.12762 for Linux and extract it, I see this contradiction:

sudo ./tv-setup install

-=-   TeamViewer tar.xz interactive installation   -=-

Checking dependencies

Analyzing dependencies ...

All library dependencies (*.so) seem to be satisfied!

QtQuickControls seems to be missing
Serious Problem - installation should be aborted
 Missing libraries
    TeamViewer will not be operational without these libraries. Please install them and try again.
    Continue (y) or abort (n) ?  [Y/n]? n

If "all library dependencies seem to be satisfied" why is it followed by a Serious Problem: a missing library? Ok, let's disregard such lack of quality in dependency check. At least there's truthful and useful logging going on right? Nope: Both `qt5-quickcontrols` and `qt5-quickcontrols2` are installed. The problem persists: I try and open `teamviewer` executable and it shows

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Starting network process (no daemon)
Network process already started (or error)
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

I could post `logfiles/DependencyCheck.log` but I think you already have a clue to what's going on.

3 - The directory tree is an absolute mess - many executables overlapping each other. Why make such an underwhelming program? Is VNC still needed? It's definitely a good alternative to all this hassle. And most importantly there are no dependant updates on your part.

How do I fix your software?