Menu items missing

Running Mint Linux 18.1 on a Dell Optiplex 745, Intel core2duo, 2 gig ram, onboard video.

Have TV12 running on this version of linux on a newer laptop and a somewhat newer desktop. I've been using TV for a number of years now and haven't had this issue before..

Most of the menu items aren't usable. The menu bar in the TV window doesn't work. When I go to the advanced menu, remoted to or on the actual desktop, items don't have available check boxes and the submenus show unusable text boxes and the rest is blacked out.

Any ideas?

Screenshot at 2017-08-01 15-44-07.png

Comments

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear justsomeguy,

Thank you for your post.

I was not able to reproduce your issue on a fresh Linux Mint 18.1 cinnamon 64-bit.

Let's have a try with the following commands to fix your issue.

Note: Keep in mind that this commands will reset TeamViewer. Any previous settings will be lost.

sudo rm -rf /home/*/.local/share/teamviewer* /home/*/.config/teamviewer /opt/teamviewer
    cd /tmp
    wget download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb
    sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_i386.deb
    sudo apt-get install -f

Hope this solution works for you. We are looking forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • Christian,

Not truly certain that this was the fix...appears that about the same time my router had eaten its config for dinner the other night, so that may have played a part. However, I do appreciate the reply and TV is now working on that old box. I had already completely removed TV, but I did use the commands you send. I did get an error for a missing dependancy and it wouldn't install. I ran the "sudo apt-get install -f" command and it installed libjpeg64 reran the dpkg -i and it was able to complete the install

Thanks again!

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear justsomeguy,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that missing dependency affects TeamViewer visual appearance.

I'm glad that your issue is solved.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • Первая команда

sudo rm -rf /home/*/.local/share/teamviewer* /home/*/.config/teamviewer / opt / teamviewer

удалила все файлы на винчестере (ubuntu 16)!!!(((

• First command

sudo rm -rf /home/*/.local/share/teamviewer* /home/*/.config/teamviewer / opt / teamviewer

deleted all files on HDD (ubuntu 16)!!!((( 

• sudo rm -rf /home/*/.local/share/teamviewer* /home/*/.config/teamviewer / opt / teamviewer

you have spaces.... you are basically telling it to delete the content of the following folders:

/home/*/.local/share/teamviewer*

/home/*/.config/teamviewer

/       --> the space between the / and opt does not read as the necessary /opt/teamviewer                      but as the root directory - this is what has deleted all the files in your OS

Sorry....