Problem Alt-Tab on Windows connection

I still have one somewhat annoying issue with the latest release: I have TeamViewer client running on an Ubuntu 16.04 machine and mainly connect to Windows Server 2016 machines. Everything works quite nice, but hitting Alt+Tab always takes me back to my Ubuntu machine instead of cycling through the windows on Windows Server. Am I missing some setting or anything else?

Comments

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

No, it has just not been done yet. Please bear with us. On the bright side, it is one of the things the native UI enables us to do:

• Wine: Not feasible. (We tried)
    • Qt/Xorg: should work
    • Qt/Wayland: hopefully works

Linux Developer
  • Understood, thanks for your feedback. If that helps, I'd be happy to test any alpha or whatever state build (and understand the meaning of "alpha" and "beta"). Wayland support however would be out of scope for me

• norah
    norah Posts: 1

When will this be fixed? I installed Teamviewer specifically so that I could go fullscreen and alt-tab on the remote machine :(

• At least when using Gnome, it is possible to disable and enable the shortcut manually. That way TeamViewer gets the shortcut and is able to pass it forward.

It looks like (I'm no Gnome developer, so I really don't know) it can also be scripted as a more user-friendly launcher script.

I made a post in TeamViewer 14 thread, but it applies here as well. Please see this post for instructions and ideas.