Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ with Wifi / Teamviewer Setup: Problem connection

Hi,

I use Raspberry normal with Raspian, newest version. No network-cable is attached, I only use Wifi and all software recognize it.

After installing Teamviewer and typing "sudo teamviewer setup" I type my email and my password.

After a longer wait of initiating it says that I have a problem with my internet-connection. But that is wrong. I have not a problem, Teamviewer has a problem. :-)

Does Teamviewer not support the Wifi of the new Raspberry 3 Model B+ and needs a network-cable???

Any idea?

Here are some infos:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ teamviewer info

TeamViewer                           13.2.13582  (DEB)

TeamViewer ID:                        102*******

teamviewerd status                   ● teamviewerd.service - TeamViewer remote control daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2018-08-09 16:29:32 CEST; 23h ago
  Process: 3800 ExecStart=/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 3802 (teamviewerd)
   CGroup: /system.slice/teamviewerd.service
           └─3802 /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d

Aug 09 16:29:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting TeamViewer remote control daemon...
Aug 09 16:29:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
Aug 09 16:29:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started TeamViewer remote control daemon
-------
Note: it is a lie that the directory and file  /var/run/teamviewerd.pid does not exist. It exists and there is a four-number-id inside.

Yours, Michael

Best Answer

Answers

• mibock
    mibock Posts: 3

I did the same by remote desktop from Win10 to Raspberry: after getting email to confirm, I even could login on the teamviewer-page. But "sudo teamviewer setup" never came any further, even after confirmation... :-(

But thank you for your experience.

Yours, Michael

• mibock
    mibock Posts: 3

You are the best! You can only do it right directly at the device, not by remote desktop, because othervise the window for teamviewer is not shown (by security?).

Thank you very much, it works now! :-)