Raspberry Pi 3

Options

I see that there is a teamviewer for Rapberry Pi (2 or 3) but it appears this is geared to controlling the rpi.  Can I controll my windows pc from my rpi?

Comments

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]
    Options

Dear DarrylKistner,

Thank you for your post.

The TeamViewer Host for Raspberry Pi is a system service that allows for the unattended access of Raspberry Pi devices so that they can be maintained, controlled, or managed.

It's not possible to make outgoing connections using a Host version.

I will forward your suggestion to our product management.

Such ideas are always welcome, although I can not promise when or if this Feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand.

Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer-based on our user's needs and demands.

We will be happy to inform you about the realization of this feature.

Any further questions on our product, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • john677
    john677 Posts: 1
    Options
    If this may help making a positive decision for supporting a teamviewer *client* on a Raspi, I'd like to mention, that the Raspi is an ideal tool to keep clean and separated environments. You can easily spend one SD-card for a raspbian, which you use only for teamviewer. You may spend another SD-card for doing online banking only. And so on. So you have physical "sandboxes", which are much more reliable than software sandboxes like browser's sandboxes.