ubuntu support vpn

Does teamviewer support vpn in ubuntu? will it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Yannick
    Yannick Posts: 3 ✭✭

Will TeamViewer for Raspberry Pi eventually support the vpn feature?

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear Yannick,

Thank you very much for sending us these Feature Requests.

I will forward your suggestion to our product management.

Such ideas are always welcome, although I can not promise when or if this Feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand.

Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer-based on our user's needs and demands.

We will be happy to inform you about the realization of this feature.

If you have any further questions on our product, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Christian 

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • Qu
    Qu Posts: 1

Good Afternoon,

do you have any further information about the implementation of VPN into the Raspberry TV Build?

Greets

Daniel

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear Qu,

Thank you for your message.

I just forward your request but unfortunately don't have any information regarding features that are going to be implemented.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • Yannick
    Yannick Posts: 3 ✭✭

Please add the VPN feature to TeamViewer on RaspberryPi. So a RevPI could also work as a gateway to access a PLC. I do that all the time using TeamViewer on Windows but it would be great to be able to use a Raspberry Pi or RevPI instead of a Windows PC. So PLEASE add VPN Support!

• Hello, I'd like to join in the queue for the VPN feature be added into the Raspbian TeamViewer client. As a PLC engineer I'm also responsible for the remote support of our machines all across Europe and the idea of having the Raspbian PI with TeamViewer VPN as the remote access gateway to the PLCs looks great to me. I dare to bet I'm not far alone with such a need :).

Would be there any valid term as when could be this feature added to the software?

Thanks a lot!

David

• Chrim
    Chrim Posts: 1

Would be great if you add the VPN feature

• violet
    violet Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello all,

I was wondering if the VPN support for linux will be available anytime soon.

I saw here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Ideas/Host-or-just-VPN-Host-for-Linux/m-p/583

that someone had asked a similar question last year.

Thanx,

Ali

• Hi,

As a PLC engineer I am desperately looking forward to a VPN feature for teamviewer on a Rpi.

• hi

i am automation engineer day to day i need to travel more to service programming . we need in team viwer vpn option is required . please support for that . 

• DDNT
    DDNT Posts: 1

I've been wondering the exact same thing.

• Hi, what is the status of the VPN feature?

vpn connectivity is much needed...

best regards Arno

• BHWL_Harald
    BHWL_Harald Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

was hoping feature is already supported.

Revolution Pi can be accessed, but could not find any VPN settings.

Hope Feature Request is white listed.

reagrads Hari

• El_Devoper
    El_Devoper Posts: 1

5 Year old feature request without any information. @ChristianCay is this feature even planned?

• thebushyone
    thebushyone Posts: 6 ✭✭

Where I work we have in excess of 30 (paided) TeamViewer accounts and this feature would be highly appriciated for access to some of our clients equipment. Is there any update on this feature?

• thebushyone

Can you please provide an update on this feature?

VPN access toa Raspberry Pi would be an excellent feature.

Regards

• thebushyone

Hi Rachel,

I'm really trying to get the feature added to the Raspberry Pi installation. TeamViewer has a great built it VPN function on Windows that works out of the box and it would really be beneficial to have this same feature available on the Pi installation.

Regards

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @thebushyone,

Thank you for your message! 🙌

Please add your idea to our Ideas hub so it gets the attention of our dev team.

Please also add your use case and especially why you need this feature so it gets prioritized more quickly. 😉

Thanks in advance and happy posting!

/JeanK

Community Manager