Announcements

TeamViewer IoT is hiring! Check out the open positions here!

Posted by alex_sh
Henagon

Shift key stuck in TeamViewer 13 Linux

Hi,

For some reason, when connecting to Windows-based teamviewer from my Linux, if I press Shift, it gets stuck (always pressed). Getting it unstuck is quite difficult (the host user has to press it and usually it doesn't work until I disconnect).

This is a new problem with version 13, version 12 didn't have this issue. Could be related to the fact that I use both shifts to switch languages?

System: OpenSUSE 42.2, TeamViewer 13.0.9865.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

Cheers

6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by mwildam
Trigon

Re: Shift key stuck in TeamViewer 13 Linux

CTRL key not working either. Not talking about clipboard transfer between machines - I even cannot use CTRL+C just in the remote machine!

Posted by vvirag
Photon

Yes, same problem for me. Ubuntu 17.10 trying to log in to Ubuntu 16.04 (both: TeamViewer 13.0.9865).  Quite unusable :'(

Edit: figured this workaround.
Start terminal and type:

onboard

On the virtual keyboard you will see both Shift keys stuck. Click on them until they are not active anymore. 

Sadly this won't fix the entire session. You will see that the Shift keys randomly get turned back on. Super inconvenient, but at least you can always switch them off with the virtual keyboard on. :/

Posted by mwildam
Trigon

Thanks for the hint, but this is not the case for me. OnScreen Keyboard does not show any stuck Shift or Ctrl key. And clicking those does not help either.
Posted by mads_n
Photon

Any progress or workarounds on this issue?

I have similar issue with teamviewer 13 (<ALT> very often hanging according to onboard on-screen keyboard) .
Server=Ubuntu 18.04
Client=Ubuntu 16.04

Both has this TeamViewer version:
teamviewer_13.1.8286_amd64.deb // note marked as PREVIEW version

Posted by slumbergod
Digon

Yip, same for me connecting from Xubuntu 18.04 to Windows 10. I was trying to tell my client it was their keyboard but no, it is another problem with the Linux Teamviewer client. This "sticky" shift key bug is random and when it happens it is almost unusable! On top of the trickle feeding of features after a forced upgrade to Teamviewer 13 this is almost enough for me to say Adios!

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Please have a look at this post:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/bug-ctrl-any-key-types-the-key-repeatedly/m-p/36024#M2276

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.