Some applications not showing

Hi Folks,

I thought I'd try using TeamViewer 12 to remotely control a ubuntu16.04 LTS desktop system from my Windows 10 PC but I'm seeing some issues.  Some of the applications do not display in the TeamViewer but they actually launch on the Linux box.  If I remote into the Linux box and try to launch say Kodi I see nothing on the TeamViewer window, but if I look at the actual desktop of the Linux box I can see Kodi running, and I can see myself moving the mouse around.  I also don't see the System Settings screens if I launch them from the TeamViewer connection.

Is there a way to always see all applications/windows/terminals/EVERYTHING that happens on the Linux box in the TeamViewer window?

Comments

• chalouder
    chalouder Posts: 3

I might be using the wrong TeamViewer application.  I had been running v12.0.76279 and I'm now trying to install teamviewer-host_12.0.78433_amd64.deb.
    When installing I keep getting the following:

chad@MediaServer:~/Downloads$ sudo apt install teamviewer-host_12.0.78433_amd64.deb
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package teamviewer-host_12.0.78433_amd64.deb
    E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'teamviewer-host_12.0.78433_amd64.deb'
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'teamviewer-host_12.0.78433_amd64.deb'

So I'll have to figure this out and see if the host works better.

EDIT - UPDATE

Okay, I figured out this little issue by installing TeamViewer Host in a slightly different fashion. All of this is done from an SSH connection

1. Make sure Linux is updated and upgraded
      1. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    2.  Make sure I get the right package by copying the path to the install file - In my case, it was https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer-host_i386.deb
    3. Download the package
      1. wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer-host_i386.deb
    4. Install the package
      1. sudo dpkg -i teamviewer-host_i386.deb
      2. I still got a dependency error.  You may not get one in your case, but if you do, run
        sudo apt-get install -f
        This downloads and installs all missing dependencies.

• chalouder
    chalouder Posts: 3

Okay,  I guess I made things worse, kind of....
    I now don't have any control over the Linux box from within TeamViewer.  If I move the physical mouse and open programs from the desktop I see that happening in TeamViewer but I cannot interact with the session at all.

I don't have an option to request control.

From the desktop, I don't have an option to pass control to TeamViewer.

At this point, I'm not even sure where to look next.

Any advice?