TeamViewer 13 on Ubuntu can't send Enter, Backspace and more

Even since TeamViewer made me upgrade to 13.2 in order to connect to remote computer (MAC) I have issue sending Enter key, Backspce Key and any cntrl combo key. 

Is this a know bug?

Comments

• Does anyone at TeamViewer ever read these questions?

• jbod64
    jbod64 Posts: 7
    ahhhhrrggg, this is so frustrating. I've been fighting all week and I finally figured out what's happening. I thought that Teamviewer was simply NOT SENDING the backspace or delete key-press. That's apparently not it at all. Teamviewer is sending them escaped or is such a way that Mac OS is passing them as actual characters NOT KEY-PRESSES! I just saved a file with multiple DELETE ASCII characters *in the filename*!!!! ls *bosstext.txt | hexdump -C 00000000 7f 7f 62 6f 73 73 74 65 78 74 2e 74 78 74 0a |..bosstext.txt.| 0000000f I swear someone at TV HQ has it out for Linux users. If you're trying to get people to use literally anything other than TV it's working.
  • Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

I tried with latest version 15 of Teamviewer on Ubuntu 18, connected to MacOS 10.15.1 and there is not such a problem. Space, backspace and other keys working fine.

I can't go back to version 13 as this will be not good for my settings in MacOS and newer versions fixed older issues.

• jbod64
    Interesting. This was using TeamViewer 15.0.8397 on Ubuntu going to Mac OS 10.4.6. Didn't mean to post this specifically for v13, but I am seeing the same issue.
  • jbod64
    Confirmed, can still reproduce in latest version of TeamViewer 15 on both Mac and Ubuntu side. So, to narrow the scope a bit this problem does not surface in all windows at all times. When inside a text editor the delete, backspace and enter keys will be passed and appear to function correctly. It is dialog boxes where the problem still occurs. Specifically in my case the Save dialog when typing a filename. In this case "Delete", "Backspace", and "Enter" all get translate into hidden characters rather than their intended function when saving in TextWrangler. Ok, oddly enough, it doesn't happen in TextEdit or quicktime. Backspace works in the Connect To Server dialog, but not Enter. So it is not consistently present across all applications, but it is consistently reproducible where it occurs.
  • Hi,

This sounds like the issue I'm having.

If my machines are manually logged in onsite, I can use TM fine- most of our actions are mouse driven due to our CCTV software.

When the machine has the user logged out- sitting at the login screen, I cannot login.

If I click the login button after entering the passowrd- still will not log in.