TeamViewer 13 problem with ubuntu to windows and putty

Hi guys,

im having strange issue related to tying tyoing putty vim my steps are:

1) im connecting from ubuntu to windows via teamviewer

2) opening windows putty and connecting via ssh to some other ubuntu server

3) when im opening via vim,nano some file in putty and trying to type : or pressing arrows terminal behaving wairldy im goging to help section of wim many <F1> characters are being written etc ... 

So im not able to use vim at all but when i do same directly from that windows PC all works well !

Pleas help,

Armen

Comments

• Vani
    Vani Posts: 1

Same problem here. Any workaround? Thanks!

Vanina

• I can also confirm the change of the behavior in TeamViewer 13 on Ubuntu 16.04. On TV 12 (32bit) it worked well with PuTTY on the Windows host. On TV 13 (native 64bit, Version 13.0.9865) the keys are not well translated to that window.

greetinx

Heiko

• I also confirm the problem.

As workaround I've tried to change the function keys and keypad options to "XTerm R6" in putty options and seems to work like before TV13.

But of course, this is a workaround, there a bug somewhere.. 

• I have the same problem. Please fix this issue, this is really annoying. We have to run a business...

• r4ph1k
    r4ph1k Posts: 1

Puty configuration->Terminal->Keyboard->The function and keypad->VT100+ works fine.

• Thanks @r4ph1k!  I for sure though my cat was laying on my keyboard or knocked something down onto it.

• I have the same problem, I use latest Ubuntu 18.04 and Teamview 14.

While connecting to our clients and interacting with the keyboard, we have to keep a virtual keyboard open on Windows screen to be able to work.