TeamViewer 14 don't start correctly on Linux Mint 19.2

Hello,

I had many times issue with the automatic startup of TeamViewer 14 on Linux Mint 19 (all versions: 19, 19.1 and 19.2)

I have setup TeamViewer to start automatically at the startup of my computer. But many times TeamViewer don't start correctly. He seems to be connected to my account, but no ID is appear, only a password. And if y try to g on my account to check the connection, a message display: TeamViewer is starting please wait... Teamviewer_Issue_01.png

Teamviewer_Issue_02.png

If I go on my smartphone, I can see my computer connected and online on the TeamViewer application on Android, but not way to connect really to him and take the remote control.

I can stop and restart TeamViewer, but he start again in the same state. The only way to solve temporary this issue is to uninstall TeamVieawer and directly reinstall it again. No need to redo the setting, he directly started correctly and with a correct connection to my account.

But the issue come again after a few time.

Has someone already see this issue? Is there a solution to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards. 

Comments

• Still an issue in December 2019

5.3.0-19-generic #20~18.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 22 18:09:07 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Restarting computer does not seem to consistently help signing-in. I do not want to have to resintall Teamviewer each time this happens.

I will add that I have a vpn but it performs in the same manner with/wout it active. 

The following works for me: 

sudo systemctl stop teamviewerd.service
    sudo systemctl start teamviewerd.service
    teamviewer &