TeamViewer ID missing on CentOS

Hi,

I've install the CentOS on a Dell server machine, so I just interact with the OS through command line. I can access to the machina through ssh but I've no GUI available. 

I've installed teamviewer 13.1.8286 on this machine and when I try to check the ID with the 'teamviewer info' command I got the following output:

Spoiler
[root@localhost /]# teamviewer info

TeamViewer 13.1.8286 (RPM)

TeamViewer ID:
Try restarting the TeamViewer daemon (e.g. teamviewer --daemon restart)

teamviewerd status ● teamviewerd.service - TeamViewer remote control daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-07-03 11:52:33 WEST; 26min ago
Process: 51042 ExecStart=/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 51044 (teamviewerd)
CGroup: /system.slice/teamviewerd.service
└─51044 /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d

Jul 03 11:52:33 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting TeamViewer remote control daemon...
Jul 03 11:52:33 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid not readable (yet?) after start.
Jul 03 11:52:33 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started TeamViewer remote control daemon.

I already restart the service as suggested but got no joy. I've found some similar issues on a google search and, from what I saw, I got the impression that this issue might be related to the fact that I dont have a session with GUI where teamviewer can present this info like in windows. I've installed the lightdm on the CentOS but I dont know how to work with this in order to get the teamviewer ID available.

Can someone help me with the proper configurations on both lightdm and teamviewer to solve this issue?

Comments

• TV-Rene
    TV-Rene Posts: 30

Hello Adam,

can you please tell me - have you confirmed that there is an active internet connection? The ID will not get created if the computer is unable to reach our servers.

However, if you have confirmed the same, please re-install TeamViewer, but purge the install in between to make sure that there are no config files left behind.

Best regards,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support