Teamviewer 13.0.9865 on Ubuntu wily crash « indicator-application-service » whenever starting...

Hi all,

I have upgraded TM12 to TM13 on my Ubuntu wily.

Since that, whenever I start TM13, it crash the « indicator-application-service ».

Notice that even it crash the « indicator-application-service », TM13 by himself seem to work fine (I don't use it more than to remote session a windows at office).

Started « indicator-application-service » & TM13 in a console to show you the crash error :

bigbob@bigbob-UX31A:~$ teamviewer

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

(process:3965): GLib-CRITICAL **: the GVariant format string '(a{sv})' has a type of '(a{sv})' but the given value has a type of '()'

(process:3965): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get: assertion 'valid_format_string (format_string, TRUE, value)' failed
bash : ligne 47 :  3965 Erreur de segmentation  (core dumped) /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/indicator-application/indicator-application-service
[1]+  Termine 139             clear && /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/indicator-application/indicator-application-service
bigbob@bigbob-UX31A:~$

Also, I have made a little video to show you the behavior at :

Teamviewer 13.0.9865 on Ubuntu wily crash « indicator-application-service » whenever starting video

Comments

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Will look into it, thanks for reporting!

[EDIT:] Wait a second... Wily? That is long out of support (by Canonical).
    We only support LTS releases and the current one. So, I have to check if other releases are affected, too.

Best regards,

Daniel

Linux Developer