Teamviewer 9 host and Linux Mint

JimC
JimC Posts: 2

I have a business license for Teamviewer 9.  I have a freshly installed Linux Mint system that I would like to install Teamviewer host on.  I see most of the instructions give here seem to use version 12 of teamviewer.  Are there instructions for installing version 9 host on Linux Mint?

Thank you,

JimC

Comments

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear JimC,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer Host starts on version 12. That's the reason why it's not available for version 9.

If you like to modify full version that works like a host you need to disable outgoing connections and access for meetings on advanced options.

Please go to Extras>Options>Advanced>'Advanced Settings for connections to other computers', and 'Advanced Settings for meetings.'

Under 'Access Control' select 'Deny outgoing remote control sessions' and 'Deny meetings'

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to reply.

Sincerely,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • JimC
    JimC Posts: 2

Christian,

Thank you for your reply.  I am now running Teamviewer Host on version 9 in Windows for some of my clients.  Are you saying that Teamviewer Host was not available for Linux until version 12?

So, with my license am I allowed to configure as you suggest the full version of Teamviewer 9 to run psuedo host on my Linux clients? 

Thank you,

Jim Constantine

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear JimC,

Yes, these settings on version 9 are not related to licensing. 

Because version 9 doesn't have any download for Host version.

So what you need to do is tune up TeamViewer to be able to receive incoming connections only.

Hope this solution works for you. However, you're invited to try version 12 host.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.