Teamviewer's GUI not starting in Ubuntugnome 18.04LTS

Options

I have searched through the forum and followed some of the advice on getting TV13 to load. I have also asked in the Ubuntu support forum. Nothing is  working 

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

after this point teamviewer does not launch.

I have done the following;

Reinstalled Teamviewer 13 amd64

Purged and installed  12 386version

Purged and reinstalled TV 13.2..13582_amd64.deb

I can no longer use TV and would like to do so. Notwithstanding others have also had the same problem I would appreciate some specific help.

Comments

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Try
    * uninstall
    * remove everything in /opt/teamviewer, /etc/teamviewer, /var/log/teamviewer13, ~/.config/teamviewer, ~/.local/share/teamviewer13
    * reinstall
    * in general, never start the UI from the command line, mainly because it poses the risk you do it as root/sudo which can break permissions on some of the files in above mentioned folders

Start the UI once from the menu. If there is still no success, do "sudo teamviewer ziplog". Do it soon, so the logfiles will be short. You could send it, later, but first you can investigate yourself.
    You can have a look at the logfiles yourself, and if you see a screaming error message, post it here. Mainly look in opt/teamviewer/logfiles/$USER/* (which is logfiles/$USER inside the zip file)

All the best,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • r5965
    r5965 Posts: 10
    Options

In case i had made a mistake in my previous install,  I have this evening completely reinstalled tV13. I would like to send you the TV log file as I can not see anything wrong with it.  Please advise how I can send it to you.

I confirm that I have carefully followed your instructions on installing 

Robin

• emptythevoid
    Options

I have a similar problem with Teamviewer 13 on Ubuntu 18.04.  It doesn't happen all the time, but I found the fix for me is to restart the teamviewerd service. 

systemctl restart teamviewerd

This problem seems to occur only if my system has been up for a while.

• r5965
    Options

Daniel:

I posted a detailed message last week but it has ceased to show in the topic. Basically I followed your advice exactly and as it did not work for me I tried to upload the relevant parts of the log.  There was only one type of error message:

RemoteSettingsMDRelationshipWatchDog: DEVICE ISN'T A MANAGED DEVICE

It occured a few times in the TV13 logfile

In the install_TVD.log it had messages  about the daemon:

Try: systemctl enable teamviewerd.service
    systemctl start teamviewerd.service

I hope you can help me out so that I can start to use TV13 with Ubuntugnome 18.04 AMD64

PS 

When I tried today to reply again this error message appeared in the pre post message. I did not past html deliberately. I just copied the lines from the logfiles.

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. 

• zoziano
    Options

I felt foolish after having similar issues and finding the solution, but since my errors are similar to yours, down to the module not found message, I thought I'd share in case it helps:

After reinstalling the  package for the third time, I noticed that it mentioned it was skipping building the modules for the new "low-latency" kernel because the headers couldn't be found. After following these steps, I was good to go:

• r5965
    Options

Thank you for posting your solution.

Could you please repost the steps you took.

• Nouvist404
    Options

try to run the "sudo apt --fix-broken install" command. sorry for my english