Unable to install v15 of Teamviewer (or re-install v12) on Ubuntu 16.04

kodo
kodo Posts: 2

Hi!

I have a "locked" Ubuntu 16.04 machine with regards to enabled repos and come from a CentOS-world so not very fluent in which repos need to be enabled in order to get dependencies. I tried to install a later (v15) version of teamviewer but the installation fails due to failed dependencies:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
teamviewer is already the newest version (15.3.2682).
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
teamviewer : Depends: libqt5x11extras5 (>= 5.5) but it is not installable or
qt56-teamviewer but it is not installable
Depends: qml-module-qtquick-controls (>= 5.5) but it is not installable or
Depends: qml-module-qtquick-dialogs (>= 5.5) but it is not installable or
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Any clues as how to solve this are very much appreciated. If this is not possible, how do I go back to v12 which was the previous version?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @kodo 

I would recommend you to install the latest version from the official website, but first, you have to uninstall the current one. 

In this related post, you can find Infos about the version compatibility of all operating systems.

Best regards

• kodo
    kodo Posts: 2

Hi!

Thanks for your reply! The units running TV v12 are "locked down" with regards to enabled repos. We're able to allow specific repos for a limited amount of time but in that case we need to have a firm understanding of which repos to enable in order to enable installation of the latest TV version and dependencies. Also, before carrying out an upgrade, we need to know if the need for having a display connected to the vga adapter in order to have TV work performance wise, has been solved for Ubunto 16.04 LTS? We experience this exact behavior right now on all our units having v12 of TV installed.

Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers