Highlighted
Posted by apesofhove
Henagon

Update: 13.1.3026: Commercial use

I tried this today and got the "this appears to be commercial use" popup on the few remotes I tried. I'm only one of your cheapskate "free users" for personal use (helping out elderly relations and non-tech savvy friends) but thought you might like to know.

I've switched back to 12.0.76279 for the time being and working ok.

6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by ThePooN
Henagon

Re: [Update: 13.1.3026] Spring Update

I don't think your issue is specific to this build, I've always gotten it in the past years. That's the cost of being the only tech-savvy person in the family... and also have to help friends sometimes.
Nothing business-related but my sessions often get limited to 5 minutes because of my heavy usage :( and support couldn't do anything about it.
So I have to use TeamViewer in a virtual machine to bypass the limitations sometimes.
Posted by apesofhove
Henagon

OK, thanks. Good tip on the VM

Posted by WallyJ
Henagon

How does running TeamViewer in a VM change how it sees your license and its usage?

Posted by bobbh
Henagon

WIsh you hadn't said anything about the VM - now they'll probably prevent that as well :catmad:.  My sister has 2 kids and by the time I fininshed helping her set them up and do some maintenance on their computers, I was already getting the dreaded 'commercial use', then shortly afterwards, limited to 5 min.

In the past, I've contacted support (when they allowed it), and of course, they read and/or copy/paste from a script they're told to use and lie and state that the software contains some 'intelligence' that allows them to determine commercial use, but that's bogus.  They have a simple counter and after x number of outgoing connections, the fun begins  :smileysad:

Posted by Mona
Henagon

there is a link somewhere that you can use to email and explain to TV what you use TV for and that it's not a commercial/business venture.....  They'll more than likely reinstate your access, they did ours.

Posted by bobbh
Henagon

Thanks for the info.  The link is https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-... On that page, there's a link to a form to report false detection. (have my doubts about it's legitmacy, but at least it's there).